Forums > Technical Discussion > Fire snakes tipped with monkey fist?

Login/Join to Participate

jcpintar150BRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
A friend told me that he had seen some fire snakes that were tipped with monkey fist knots for sale online, but cannot remember where. I would very much like to own these! has anyone seen anything like this for sale?

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
had a look about as this sounds awesome but this is all i could find -the knot at the end isnt really a monkey fist but it is larger than most snake poi ive seen

https://www.burningpassion.com/products/snakes/fire-poi-snakes/

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh

jcpintar150BRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
www.bearclawmanufacturing.com has something they call "Helix Poi" which appear to be woven snakes but they have a ball chain running down the length of the wick which is kind of unappealing. Hopefully the people at salza get back to me about custom snakes.

jcpintar150BRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
Well, hopefully I can get them custom!

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:

The fire snakes I have been making over the years consist of kevlar flat wick wrapped around a chain core, and then stitched, I usually leave one link exposed from the end of the snake to allow the attachment of various poi heads should people wish to, or poi heads can be incorporated into the design itself, allowing for multiple burners to be positioned up the snake itself.

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
Might be worth asking around in your local spinning community about prop makers. Most peeps who just make props on the side (no website or anything, usually), will be happy to talk about building a custom prop, in my experience.

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."