Forums > Help! > Help with air wraps

Login/Join to Participate

westop4no1member
5 posts

Posted:
Im starting to learn air wraps and no mater what i do it always turns into a orbital. I havnt learned how to do orbitals yet so its not mussal memory interfearing. Any advice to help keep my air wraps as air wraps and not going orbital.

westop4no1member
5 posts

Posted:
Just watched them now its about 50/50 whether it comes undone or goes orbital and i have know clue as to what im doing diffrent

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
Maybe try this video?

YMMV, but this particular theory on air wraps helped me a lot with simplifying my understanding of airwraps, and I find it to work pretty damn consistently well for teaching other spinners. Also opens up a whole bunch of plane changing possibilities later on lol.

Although, when I originally learned air wraps, I just kept on trying it over and over again for a number of weeks until I could do them 20 times in a row on demand. Much pain was involved hahaha. (Especially since I was spinning glowsticks then XD )

EDIT: Also, if you find your air wraps are turning into hyperloops or orbitals, what that generally means is that you're moving your hands too much, and turning the imaginary axis between them perpendicular to the direction of spin, rather than keeping parallel (sorta, not really, you'll see if you watch the video) to the direction of spin.
EDITED_BY: beaniebob (1398693400)

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

westop4no1member
5 posts

Posted:
Ty that vid helped loads i was having my leading poi going back over the twisting point instead of staying inside