Page:
twigSILVER Member
44 posts

Posted:
I have been doing this for 11 months now, and in that time realistically ive probably done a about 100-150 hours of practice (not a lot i know) but I realised I only know about a dozen moves, most of which are pretty basic.

How long does it take to get 'good'... how long do you practice for?

Also, how do you go about learning things like flowers and stall chasers? I have no idea where to even begin!

twigSILVER Member
44 posts

Posted:
grr I'm going to give this a proper go over the weekend but like I said my reverse 5 beat weave is ridiculously messy...

its got to the point where its either very very messy or hitting myself very very hard.... to the point i dont even wanna try doing it anymore cus i just flinch straight away cus i know ill just hit myself frown

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
Well, sorry but I can't really help you there. I haven't ever figured out the reverse 5 yet. I can do the reverse 7 pretty smoothly and can even do the reverse 9 to some extent, but I have never figured out the reverse 5! smile

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.

twigSILVER Member
44 posts

Posted:
Guess its just a case of working on it... I got crossers today so im very very happy!

twigSILVER Member
44 posts

Posted:
Guess its just a case of working on it... I got crossers today so im very very happy!

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
I essentially just kept on drilling the 5-beat in forward and reverse for maybe a week, before it got to a point where I'm happy with it (I personally don't use it much, nor do I feel doing n number of beats is particularly useful).

Found it helpful to learn 4-beat weave - it seems lopsided, but it works (4 beats on each side), and is sided the same way 2 beat weaves are (2 beat weaves have one hand always above the other). Then in the same way that oscillating between the two different 2 beat weaves (right hand on top and left hand on top) makes a 3 beat weave, doing both 4 beat weaves together gives you a 5 beat weave.

^Also another, probably much clearer way of looking at it is that a 4 beat weave is a 3 beat weave with the extra twist of a 5 beat weave on one side only. Gives you a bit of time to think and lets you just work on cleaning up one side without having to worry about the other.

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

Page: