Forums > Social Chat > how do you pick your toy colors?

Login/Join to Participate

tracethefaceBRONZE Member
angry turtle
101 posts

Posted:
just curious. i tend to go with pink, green or grey when i buy new gear. when i make my own, electrical and and hockey tape mean most homemade gear is black and white. anyway, just thought about this as i'm debating the color for a new acrylic for contact juggling.

so, what colors do you like? any particular reasons?

Fluidity.

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
I like orange, red, yellow, and grey. But I also really like blue with purple and green, and pink with red. Ummm... Just look at my avatar. That is what I like.

As for reasons, I like the colors of fire, (which includes white). And one of my favorite music artists always uses the purple/green color scheme. (Hence my collar.)

Grey is niic, not too dark or too light.

Now when it comes to props... I love pod poi. In part because i can choose whatever color i want. I have a pair of pink foxy sock poi, yellow cone poi, green flag poi, and I have the red, yellow, orange furry covers for my pod poi.

I would suggest going with a color you like (perhaps one that goes well with whatever you like to spin in), but also, if it is contact poi, I would makes sure it is bright and eye-catching. It'll make learning much easier and will be niicr for anyone watching.

All the Best!!!

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
P.S. I LOVE the green/pink combo. I credit Watermelon Dan (AKA Burning Dan) with getting my into the Flow Arts, so that color combo is really special to me.

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.

JamesguiverBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
I tend to think what act I'm going to use them for and if I can't I go for something quite boring - for instance all of my juggling clubs are put white - but considering getting some shiny ones that will fit with a particular act.

Fire props - for staff's I ussually try and get a white handle so I can see it better after throws, or reflective handles for my clubs - it all ends up black anyway though :(