Forums > Meet Others > kansas city,ks spinners?

Login/Join to Participate

kstateskydiverstranger
6 posts

Posted:
I just moved to kansas city, kansas and looking for some fellow spinners to meet up with and learn some new tricks. I've been spinning poi for about a year and only have videos to go off of. Any help would be great!

Cheers

Aub

KaspurGOLD Member
Eternal Student of all things Skill
110 posts

Posted:
Hey I'm out here in the KC area. I haven't been out much as I have been busy with my newborn daughter. I am however going to be attending Hullabalu which is a Midwest Burners sponsored event. I will also be teaching a beginner/intermediate poi/movement workshop there. There are 8 people signed up so far to participate in a Pre-burn ceremony so this would be a good place to meet some other spinners and people from the KC area. You can learn more at

https://www.midwestburners.com/hullabalu/

It's a one night camp out and you would need to be a registered member of the midwest burners which can be done here

https://www.midwestburners.com/membership/join/

I hope to get some workshops going in the crossroads district of kc and could let you know if your interested and I'm always open to a pm.

Happiness runs in a circular motion!!

G4dget

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Don't trust the KC spinners! They are all in a secret society that gathers at the renfest to plot their world domination.

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

KaspurGOLD Member
Eternal Student of all things Skill
110 posts

Posted:
Well really the there is only like two people who spin that are affiliated with renfest that are actually from KC and they don't even come to midwest burn events.

Happiness runs in a circular motion!!

G4dget

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
OMG! Okay I have found the parties in KC finally, but I think I may be all finished on Tuesday frown

So Next time I am out here for a weekend G4, you, Assi and Iz are being forced to go with me!

Also, here is where the KC scene is!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kansas-City-KS/Social-Insomnia/116633758370779?ref=search&v=wall

EDITED_BY: Refuge Crew (1285398946)

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

Brad_BagbyGOLD Member
stranger
7 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I'm in KC too. Some collaboration would be nice...I MIGHT get out a little more than Gadget, but he's got a few more years of practice on me.

Oh, and Hulla was some good fun!

VoltKCSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
hey all , I'm on the Plaza in KC MO . I'm really new to spinning , I've love watching poi for over 10 years , but just got into it this summer .
I heard there was a group that meets in Loose Park , but now that it is getting colder... ?
All I've had to learn from is the videos on here and youtube. Would be nice to meet some people.

Brad_BagbyGOLD Member
stranger
7 posts

Posted:
Yeah the KC Drum Tribe meets Mondays in Loose park but I'm pretty sure that's only during the warm months. I've heard good things, but never made it yet.

I'm not sure of any planned meetups or workshops going on right now, but may be looking at doing a class or something in the near future.

Hey, GREAT to see some fellow spinners on here! I'm always pumped to see new people getting in to it, and would love to get together to jam!

bagby.brad@gmail.com

Joe_PagenkopfBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I've been spinning tech poi / contact poi for about 2 years now. I'd love to get together with some people and share ideas. The kansas city juggling club offers space every wednesday, i'm not sure if they're still doing it but i sent an email to them asking if they still meet. https://www.kansascityjugglingclub.com/

I'm pretty sure their space in indoor too, so that would be awesome for this time of year.

joe.pagenkopf@gmail.com

UriahBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
To all those in the KC Metro area......Circus Arts, Rhythm, Dancing and Drumming happens ALL year long!!! We are currently meeting at 3504 Woodland.....every Monday nite!! Belly Dance FUN class from 5:30 to 6:30, drumming from 7-10pm, and the spinners and circus artists pop in throughout the evening with the Circus peoples taking over from 10pm to midnight.....

You can find us on Meetup.com by looking up KC Drum Tribe or maybe it's Drum Tribe KC.....full calendar of events there. grin

You can also connect with us on FB by looking up Kutumba and join our group!!!

Hope to see some of you join us sometime!!

ksudiverSILVER Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
If anyone is interested in meeting up somewhere to learn new tricks ( mainly for my benifit) give me a shout out in a PM . I want to rock the Poi and can't do it by my self! smile

LilyAngelBRONZE Member
fabulously fallen
1 post

Posted:
I know this is an old thread but I thought I throw this out there.
I'm in the KCMO area, I have been a flyer, Lyra and Silks, for years but recently due to health reasons I've been grounded frown I want to learn a new performing art and poi really interests me. So long story short, I would love to get together with other spinners to learn. Any suggestions or interest in get togethers?
I'm checking out the Midwest Burners site now.

jacktimomember
6 posts

Posted:
So Next time I am out here for a weekend G4, you, Assi and Iz are being forced to go with me!

mattrick42member
1 post

Posted:
I am in Kansas City and start started spinning poi. I already have lots of friends that do it, so if anyone is interested in meeting up to see if we can get together sometime feel free!!!! Mattrick Wright on facebook :)