Nils_BentlageSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Hello :)
Which contact poi heads are you using?
I have the ones from Mr. Babache in 80mm
but i don't like them so much. Too heavy and hard.

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
If you get 100mm Mr Babache, those are quite a bit squishier due to them having slightly thinner walls, and a larger diameter. Some of the Play 90mm stage balls are pretty squishy too, although I've found that the squishiness seems to vary between the colours. Both options are quite a bit heavier though.

Honestly, after a month or so of using 80mm stage balls I stopped feeling the weight. Using 100mm Play stage balls right now, and 80mms feel overly light hahaha tongue2

Personally I'd say the weight feel depends on the length of your tethers. If you have relatively long poi (I think my 100mm set is around 44cm) then the same weight feels floatier and less heavy, imo.

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

Nils_BentlageSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks! It would be great if you could post the link for the Play Contact Balls. :)

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
I'm certain other places stock the Play stage balls, but I've only gotten them from Master Ong's Prop shop myself (https://www.masterongspropshop.com/1-shop), and you can quite naturally, get them from Play Juggling (https://www.playjuggling.com/).

Most likely if you run a google search for "Play Stage Ball", you'll be able to find other shops that stock them.

As an aside thing, the 80mm balls I mentioned were Mr Babache ones. I've had the opportunity to play with some 100mm Mr Babache stage balls on cpoi, and they feel pretty much the same as the Play 100mms, imo. There's probably a slight weight difference in there somewhere I guess.

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

corestripemember
40 posts

Posted:
haven't tried them yet but I have high hopes for the new home of POI contact stage ball... by the way there advertising it seems they might be a little more firm but slighty squishy and drill friendly sounds like a trifecta of Awesome tongue2

How goes it ?¿

HOP Newsletter