FireFliemember
5 posts

Posted:
Any LED spinners, Fire twirlers, or beginners? If you need any help with hooping comment here! There has to be at least SOME hoopers on here! If not I'll help as best as I can, I'm not super advanced at hooping but I'm getting there! ;) I've been hooping for two years now and iif your looking for tutorials, easier ways to hold your hoop in a certain move, where to buy the best hoops, or just looking for someone to chat with about hoops then this is the place! :)

tracethefaceBRONZE Member
angry turtle
101 posts

Posted:
Heya Fireflie. Thanks for the invite.

I haven't actually picked up hooping, mainly because I've never really had a reason to put down my other toys and pick it up. So...

Not really question a question about technique, but what makes you dig hoop? Any unique opportunities or performance concepts you feel hooping opens up?

Fluidity.

FireFliemember
5 posts

Posted:
Hey there :) Well, what got me into hooping was my auntie... but she moved away about a year and a half ago. After she left I put it down for a bit... What got me back into it was how you can really connect with anyone else who is around, teach them a few quick tricks, or show them a new trick your working on but totally failing at and be able to laugh about it. It's only intimidating if you make it. And when your hooping it just feel really cool :) You should really try it some time! I think anyone who enjoys poi will enjoy hooping too :)

angry turtle
101 posts

Posted:
Nice. I'll have to investigate a bit. The majority of hoop stuff I've seen has focused on slower, technical manipulations. Imagining with a bit more momentum sounds a lot more interesting.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Fluidity.

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
Momentum? D:

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

FireFliemember
5 posts

Posted:
Thanks tracetheface (: And yeah momentum is good, (THAT VIDEO BEANIEBOB. OMG I WANT TO BE THAT GOOD) I dont do much slow hooping, It gets just a tad bit boring sometimes

angry turtle
101 posts

Posted:
Blast! Can't even watch the video here. I'll check it out in a few days when I'm back in the states.

Fluidity.

FireFliemember
5 posts

Posted:
Its a good video xD

beaniebobGOLD Member
155 posts

Posted:
Posted a hooping video, feel the urge to post another, quite different hooping video lol.

This is Jeff Robinson, amazing New Zealander, also happens to be amazingly nice and awesome too. smile

FireFliemember
5 posts

Posted:
OH MY GOSH. I've been wanted to move to New Zealand for a looong time, my parents actually like the idea.

Those are pretty wicked tricks! Gotta get back into hand hooping! I'll be getting twin minis sometime in August so superrr excited!

Keep posting hooping videos! Maybe we'll get some more people interested in hooping (; I'm not very good at finding interesting hooping vids. Its either low quality or basic tricks.

beaniebobGOLD Member
155 posts

Posted:
Welp, I don't hoop at all, so I can't really tell what's good or not, but a friend of mine keeps linking videos from all these awesome peeps lawl.

This one is a compilation of a whole bunch of pretty cool peeps, imo.

J-Drake-Kmember
9 posts

Posted:
Hello

mmmbopmember
2 posts

Posted:
Yay - I'm a hooper! [: Not super advanced either...but its addictive. Just getting into the other types of spinning now :]

J-Drake-Kmember
9 posts

Posted:
im a staffer