Forums > Social Chat > Hello to all from Northwest USA.

Login/Join to Participate

SirJohanBRONZE Member
18 posts

Posted:
As everyone can tell I am new to posting. I thought I would jump in and stop lurking.

I was learning to spin a long time ago when I was living in Hawaii. When I moved away I dropped all learning on my spinning.

Well here I am years and years later. Relearning how to spin.

I just built me a practice staff that is just under 5' long.
Made it out of PVC Schedule 40 pipe with 8" galvanized steel nails inside. I can make a small tutorial on how I made my staff for everyone if needed.

I will also post pictures as soon as I can get my camera charged up.

I just can't wait for my Lava colored fuzzy poi to arrived. I ordered them a few days ago from here on HOP. smile

But again. I love the learning page and thought I would drop a hello to everyone.

synndarellaDIAMOND Member
61 posts

Posted:
Hello there, you might like mcp's page, (if you haven't heard of her already) she does really good staff has a great tutorial video and does poi too.. these are my two favourites from her page, one poi and one dragon staff.. Love the way the dragon staff goes to slow. She's good to follow for ideas and things. smile

Poi

Dragon Staff

Sometimes youre ahead, sometimes youre behind. The race is long and in the end, its only with yourself~

SirJohanBRONZE Member
18 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the links. Lots of good info and tricks to try out. smile right now I am going for basic moves and learning some throws for now. I have not got to much into the contact tricks yet. I am just getting the hang of everything. smile