Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > Linear Extension Tutorial series from flowers to third-order motions

Login/Join to Participate

DrexFactorGOLD Member
Defeats the purpose
73 posts

Posted:
This is a tutorial series on how linear extensions can be used to break down everything from flowers to polyrhythm hybrids and third-order motions. The lesson get broken down with the aid of helpful computer graphics that overlay visualization tools as well as simulations of the tricks themselves. Please take a gander and leave me some feedback!

If you found the stuff in these videos helpful, be sure to check out my reading companion to the series at my website

Peace,
Drex

southafricadudeGOLD Member
12 posts

Posted:
Nice videos Drex, I watch them religiously on youtube smile

lawlietSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
Really awesome videos Drex and its clear the amount of time and effort that was spent on them!

If i was to do them in sequence im only on the 3rd video i think, the one where you are explaining horizontal linear extensions and i am still having a few problems getting it, Im sure it will just come with practice but i can extend from the center to my right (im right dominant so that makes sense) but boy its a shocker the other way! my hands also seem to noticeably flap up and down too whilst i do it frown this and Zan's method of taking a split time butterfly and trying to increase the motion left to right are the only ways i have seen to learn it properly. Im sure i will get it through time but does anyone else have any hints?

Beginners do it until they can get it right, experts do it until they can't get it wrong.

XBL Gamertag: o Lawliet o

tracethefaceBRONZE Member
angry turtle
101 posts

Posted:
When I get back to the states, I'm going to go on a youtube binge with all the poi tutorials I've been missing.

Fluidity.

carrie32member
2 posts

Posted:
Nice movies mate I have seen them an appreciathe your stuff. It is realy helpful.