BlaiseCarlislemember
4 posts

Posted:
I'm looking for a fuel that's good for indoor use. After searching, I found white gas burns very cleanly, but is more dangerous than usual because of its low flash point.
Kerosene appears to be safer, but creates smoke, leaves residue, and of course has a strong odour.

Someone mentioned a product made by Klean Strips, called Klean Heat, which is apparently kerosene, but burns far cleaner with less odour. Does anyone know if it's available in Australia, or if there is any alternative product that's similar to it? Thanks!

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
I don't know anything about klean heat, but I use a 1:1 mix of white gas to Kero.

White gas is to dangerous for my taste, (it has a high flash point like gasoline). With straight white gas, you'll light yourself if you make a mistake. (I know for on experience).

Kero is safer, but has such a low flashpoint, that it can be very difficult to light at times, (think lamp oil).

My 1:1 mix is great. It lights fast, won't transfer flame to your body or clothes easily, and burns bright and hot and for a long time. It is also a lot less sooty, smelly, and messy than straight Kero.

I usually get 6-8 minute burn times.

Hope this is helpful! Peace and light.

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.

BlaiseCarlislemember
4 posts

Posted:
Thanks very much! Unless someone knows of an even better fuel, I'll probably go with that mix smile

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
Cool!!! Glad I could be of help!

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.