Forums > Help! > Shoulder injury :(

Login/Join to Participate

CushSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Hey guys.

I have just been to see an orthopaedic regarding pains in my right shoulder i have been having for more than two months now, and it turns out I probably have a torn ligament (the SLAP ligament). For those of you who don't know, there is no blood-flow to ligaments so they do not heal on their own. At the moment I have two choices: get surgery done or get physical rehabilitation. The doctor said that surgery would get my shoulder completely fixed, but it would take a lot of time (4-5 months) plus quite a bit of money. Not to mention that it would probably ruin my summer plans.

On the other hand phyisical rehab sounds more appealing to me, especially since the doctor said my condition isn't too serious. I'd much rather give that a try, but on the other hand this may limit my spinning potential.

Poi has been such an important part of my life for the past year, and these two months without out have been really quite difficult. I just wanted to know what your opinions were, and if anyone has had experience with these kinds of injury please share.

Thanks alot!