Justin_BeanBRONZE Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Hello all!
Ok, so basically, I have been leading this slow paced life. Did a little bit of traveling which was amazing. Been spinning poi for a couple years now. My problem is with finding work, I have turned in so so many applications, would go in and let them know I'm interested, and yet for some reason or another I never get the job. I currently live in a super tiny town in Oregon. Have tried Portland, Clackamas, and Eugene areas as well and still no luck with work. All I want to do is start my life, doing something I love and find my soulmate. Poi is my passion, nothing beats the sound of the flame moving through the air. Though I am willing to do anything, go anywhere. I have no money anymore, and not being able to find work have no income. I'd rather not end up on the streets. So if anyone out there has any type of opportunity for me, please let me know. I am so ready to have something finally go in my life.
Hope to hear from you, you can find me here, or find me on facebook.

milkajourneyman
89 posts

Posted:
I do not have any opportunity for you but wish you best luck.

nupoCarpal \'Tunnel
9,576 posts

Posted:
Basicly you can make up by spinning street performance if you
like or join some bigger performance group.

Otherwise think of something else you can do well and you are
willing to do.

Usually there is no easy way to do what you really like
and it takes some time. So try all the work you pass
by and make choices.

No worry, there is a plenty of work need to be done all
around the world. Make a goal, some level you want to
reach a go for it!

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
i got lucky (started spinning by joining a circus school a mate was at and the school was part of a performance company) but if you havnt got a local company willing to take you then the best option is asking places if they need/want an entertainer, this will improve experience which might be all they are looking for. Make sure you have insurance and always negotiate for some security (if only a bouncer who knows to 'keep people away from the burny things'), though until youre hired by a company id recommend bringing a mate who knows what to do to prevent something going wrong (or on the off chance something does go wrong)

also most people i know use spinning as their moonlighting job, few have been able to do it as their main job and those who did needed a few years work to get to that

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
also as nupo said, busking and performing on the street will help as you will be recognised by people more as a poi spinner and you never know 1 of the people could end up giving you work

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh