Forums > Other Toys > A less messy method for shaking off excess fuel for fire eating?

Login/Join to Participate

Lau100stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Hi all

I was wondering if there is perhaps a cleaner way/method of shaking off the excess fuel from one's torches that won't leave lingering fuel smell splashes or marks on a venue's floor.

I've seen a spin out can (www.trickconcepts.com/Fire-Tool-Spin-Out-Can--P20C19.aspx) that can be used for the poi to capture the excess fuel but not something similar for a fire eating torch. Does something like this exist commercially or has someone perhaps designed one for this purpose in the past?

Many thanks
Li

EDITED_BY: Lau100 (1361808830)

Austin_HaffeySILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
I don't know of anything that has been made for that purpose of something that size, but based on how the one you linked looks, you might be able to make one yourself out of a soup-can or something.

Lau100stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks Austin... I was thinking along the same lines if no commercial product is currently available... thought I'd check if someone knew of something before hitting the workshop and trying out a few ideas =)

Chris_Lu1DIAMOND Member
Flow Artist
67 posts

Posted:
The best thing I've found is to have two aluminum bottles, one with fuel one without. I dip my wands into the one with fuel, then put the heads into the second one spin my wands between my hands like a staff spin-off, warming my hands, rolling dreadlocks, rinsing chopsticks, or charging that little helicopter/propeller toy.
You can even fill the time with short jokes about not being warm enough, this can has more awesome in it, using your wands as chopsticks to take invisible stuff out, or pretend to drink from it too.