Forums > Social Discussion > Does anyone know how to make this firestaff?

Login/Join to Participate

ChronosHow is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
20 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQHfpwcnYqc&list=UUykb7ZY1UVgBF401Ir56Oxw

I want to create one of these staffs, but I cannot find it in any shops and I don't know how they actually make it.

would it be layers, or just continueous piece of kelvar on each side?

if anyone has any answers it would be much appreciated

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
ive seen a staff like this but with a slightly longer handle in order for it to break down into 2 short fire swords. with the one i saw it was essentially 2 sleeves of continuous kevlar about half a meter long and bolted 4 times onto each end, though the one in the video may be different as i cant get a good look at itnot moving

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh

ChronosHow is it that one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
20 posts

Posted:
Yeah I have a few ideas on how to make it, I was going to leave the handle to be about 90cm and then the rest of the stick on each side covered in kevlar. Was going to wrap it to the top and screw it in place at the top and bottom with a few. Good idea or..?

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
id have a bolt in the middle of each wick as well but it sounds like a good setup to me

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh

20 posts

Posted:
Fair doos, I'll post up a vid of it when I'm done, or a pic of me with third degree burns if it goes wrong! tongue2

20 posts

Posted:
Change of plan
https://www.salza.se/product.php?p=136
as this clocks in at about 260 euros, I wont be buying it but I will change my wick design as this one is wrapped with rope rather than normal wick.

I'm just not sure what measurement of rope to use... Any advice?

gaoyongmember
3 posts

Posted:
Just leave the handle to be about 90cm and then the rest of the stick on each side covered in kevlar.