Forums > Technical Discussion > Custom Flowlights - Bulb use and modes

Login/Join to Participate

Kitsunistranger
2 posts

Posted:
I'm looking to create a pair of custom flowlights. I currently have a pair of Flowlight Fires but I'm looking for something a bit more colorful. As far as I've read up on it though the bulbs you put onto the flowlight circuit board may or may not work in all modes, and in the case of purple might not be very bright and often have a red trail.

So would those of you that have modified or created custom flowlights share what bulbs you used and how they worked out?

I know they need to be 5mm LEDs. Also as reference right now I'm looking at:
[Old link]

but I was wondering if anyone else had input, preferably if possible with pictures/videos of their modified lights?

On a side note, I'm learning orbitals right now and have found that the floytoy leashes I currently have make this difficult because of the setup that has 2 thick strings leading down to the light instead of 1. If someone could also suggest a good leash for my next set I would appreciate it.

Thank for the help and input smile

Kitsunistranger
2 posts

Posted:
Well since I didn't really get any helpful responses I just went ahead and decided to dive in and see what I could do. I'll post pictures later.

Essentially what it came down to:
Work only on flowlight mode BOLD (mostly second-hand info):
-Strobes
-Ribbons
-Stribbons
-3 color fades (and also I would assume other multi-color 'fade's)

Work on all modes, although not necessarily as expected:
-Dual rainbows
-2-color tracers
-Bi-color

And of course solid builbs did what solid bulbs would be expected to do. Worked on every mode just like a regular flowlight color.

iamrelevartSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
I got mine off lightzombies

I used Victorious Violet, Solar Flair, and Blazing Blue. The solar flair and the blazing blue blend really well together and each is distinctly bright enough. The Victorious Violet is definitely the dimmest light in there now, but I think it adds a nice compliment to the set when I use the strobe patterns.

I also made one of mine with Green instead of the Blazing Blue. While I liked the green, it didn't blend well with the other colors.

markjosolmember
1 post

Posted:
have make this difficult because of the setup that has 2 thick strings leading down to the light instead of 1. If someone could also suggest a good leash for my next set I would appreciate it.