Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > "Passing" a five-beat weave

Login/Join to Participate

sticklefifermember
8 posts

Posted:
I'm looking for some kind of instruction or video on how to "pass" a five-beat weave in front of you from one side to the other. It creates this great "wheel of fire" effect that just looks like one big circle traveling from point A to point B.

I've seen this done in a few videos, but I can't quite grasp how to do it step-by-step. I can do a five-beat weave almost flawlessly, but this is one I've never seen a tutorial on or figured out how to do. Is it just a turning 3-beat with extra steps? I keep hitting myself if I try that.

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
If you're talking about transitioning between a reverse 5-beat weave and a forwards 5-beat weave (ie. turning with it), then yes, it's exactly the same concept as turning with a 3-beat weave. So you'll need to know the 5-beat weave in both forwards and backwards spin directions, if you didn't already.

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

sticklefifermember
8 posts

Posted:
I guess the key is for me to get better at the 5-beat reverse weave then. Thanks!