Forums > Social Chat > looking for a staff variation

Login/Join to Participate

diffrentcopyBRONZE Member
stranger
21 posts

Posted:
i saw a video on youtube a long time ago, once i started getting into this. its some sort of staff dancing veriation where the people use the staffs to help them spinn and flip. they leave the ground while the staff is pushing on the ground. i think it seems like a rou cyr but as a staff, not a hoop.
if you find any video like this can you post. telling me the type of tricks these are considered would help even more.

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
ive seen these types of vids in past but never seen what its called or any 'how to' vids

BUT as a guesstimate, its basic acrobatics and simply using the staff to push you off the ground (similar to how you would use a pole vault) for a bit of extra lift. if i was going to learn it id say some (see: year, maybe 2) gymnastic training and (obviously) having a staff that is strong enough to handle you putting all your weight on it

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh

nupoCarpal \'Tunnel
9,576 posts

Posted:
Chek out this guys from Brussel:

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
Might you be thinking of monkey staff? It's a martial arts variant.

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.

stranger
21 posts

Posted:
thanks guys, its funny, i watched the first two vids then looked up monkey staff, and as im watching i though, this should be call acrostaff because its not like normal contact or spinning. i click on the third vid and holy crap thats what it says.
acrostaff, cant wait to get/make one and practice. now i just need to know how to make one or where to buy one. if you could help again thanks.
EDITED_BY: diffrentcopy (1358668485)

nupoCarpal \'Tunnel
9,576 posts

Posted:
Try contact 'Kevin Arlery': nosweat.staff@gmail.com

stranger
21 posts

Posted:
i doubt it but i wonder if you could do acro with a flowtoys staff. either a solid or multi part staff.

nupoCarpal \'Tunnel
9,576 posts

Posted:
It would crack like chopstick..