Forums > Social Chat > anybody have any suggestions for adding variety to performances?

Login/Join to Participate

Man_in_the_maskBRONZE Member
specializes in the potentially insane
130 posts

Posted:
i started spinning just for fun about 6 years ago and recently started thinking about getting a little more serious. ive tried choreographing routines and for one reason or another it's something of which im of the impression i just dont have a knack for. everytime i light up or crack a pair of glowsticks i almost completely forget everything i was planning to do and find myself stuck with a generic routine that to be brutally honest is fairly pathetic, so much so that i've only allowed two people to get any footage of me spinning. and even then it all ended up getting cut and edited.

i want to try and add a little variety to my work though the issue i constantly run into is when the time comes i run into issues stringing moves/manipulations together in a way that actually works. anyone with any suggestions?

"We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin..."

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
ive only been spinning for about 2yrs but tempo and how much you move around (as opposed to standing in place) are the main 2 i think that add to variety, possibly LED poi that change colour/pattern as well -each trick will seem new even if its only a different colour, by changing the speed for a new colour and moving while doing the same simple trick you add a good variety to it without much needing to change

i havnt done much choreographed things, prefer to have ideas before hand but let the transition between pre-thought moves happen while performing, often coming to mind from a random point in a song

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh

landshark1SILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
watch your shadow....make videos and watchyour self and think up artistic ways to make each proformence your own. I have this problem as well....I always try to spin like im a ninja getting ready to fight haha and it hurts my proformences....also try changing up your tempo or speed sry bout the misspelling but hope this helps

Man_in_the_maskBRONZE Member
specializes in the potentially insane
130 posts

Posted:
no problems with spelling. thanks

"We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin..."

landshark1SILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
no probs dude
EDITED_BY: landshark1 (1358501075)

landshark1SILVER Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: landshark1 (1360130919)