RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I was walking back from work today and was reminded of something I have always wanted to do.

On the main street walking back from work there is a building for rent. It has a front area, like a shopfront, only with character (a big arched window and an open space), then offices behind that and upstairs. And I thought about my plan.

One day I would like to open a centre, it would be a community centre of sorts. The front area would be a reading room, with comfy couches and magazines and books on learning and alternative health to read. There would be free tea and coffee, but also a coffee machine and cakes which you would have to pay for if you wanted
the good stuff.

In the offices there would be space for a good counsellor, a room or two for people to hire for training courses, performance space and practice, maybe a massage therapist or other alternative health professional. A good computers room for training, job seekers and just people setting up small businesses or contracting who needed computing facilities, There would be a shared reception area down in the reading room.

There would be a contacts list, where people could leave their card or write down their name, so that if charity organisations needed volunteers, there would be a register of people.

One day, I will do it. I wish I could afford it now.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
if you do....tell me...i need a good massage therapist.

my body is just genereally hurting lots nowerdays. :grimace with pain:

good luck with your dream.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I just had a thought, Cass is training to be a massage therapist.... possibilities, possibilities...

Go out and find someone lovely to give you a massage or wait a couple of years and come and get one in Australia

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
but travelling to australia for a massage is like..

searches for similar analageeee

is like...

um..

bugger.

someone think of analageeeee for me....to even try to comprehend the whatever it is im trying to comprehend.

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
https://scan.dorja.com/

i miss the midnite star

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Good luck with your dream Rozi!
Cheers!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Rozi that is such a fantastic dream to have. Shows what a beautiful mind you have.
I have a similar dream, but not really a place that people can seek work, but a place where people can go for healing, weather it be spiritual or emotional, and maybe even have a healthcare person there who would be able to offer help and support for teenage mothers and young people with questions about their health, and wellbeing.
Very similar to yours, but with your spin on the preformance area, makes me think....We could be partners sweetie...
Maybe you could even have classes for people, Drama and writing and creative expression....
oohhh
skips off to paint beautiful pictures

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Wonderfulk wonderful dream

like a wonderful wonderful person

good luck

and...... what classes would you reccomened for learning to run a small business?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Mmmmmmm, learning to run a small business. Lesson 1: don't get sucked into network marketing schemes... they are designed so that only a few people will make cash, so unless you can be one of those people, give up now.

Course: I know a few out here in Aus-land. There are nationally recognised qualifications in Small Business Management. If anyone would like details, send me a pm.

I have a bachelor of business degree, majoring in Management, Human Resource Development and Accounting for Small Business. I also have worked in the setup stages of a couple of businesses.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Great idea honey

Try and look into the possibility of using renewable energy - my idea was to have a health club/sports centre with lots of exercise bikes connected to something that can convert the energy. Then the people who are using them can be powering the music, lights etc. Wind turbines and solar panels on the roof would work too.

I know it would be expensive to set up but it would be good to have in a business plan as it's a good angle to raise interest and support and may give more options in terms of raising capital. In the long term it would be financially (and environmentally) very sensible.

Good luck. You can realise any dream as long as you believe in it and choose to make it happen and are willing to ask for help and accept it when it's offered.

Non-Https Image Link

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
here ya go jon - going to australia for a massage is like walking to evian for a sip of water.
especially when you see chad and diz weekly and never mention a thing.

i've been to evian, and i drank some water there too.
never been to oz but if i do, i'll be sure to get a massage - hopefully @ rozi's centre...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood