Forums > Social Chat > Cars suck (Or "why I need a junker")

Login/Join to Participate

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
I used to be one of those kids who had the big $5000 stereo in my nice, parentally donated car, and drove fast everywhere. I crashed the first one (A 96 T-bird, oh I loved that car) because of a cigarrette. Insurance covered it. Then I slid off the road the first day I ever drove on ice and cracked my bumper on my Honda. And for some reason they cost an arm and a leg... I later totalled out that car due to a very stupid manuever on my part that involved a giant slab of concrete in the middle of the median for no other reason than to apparently destroy my car (God, I want an explanation on that one...). Then yesterday while driving my used 94 Toyota Camery to go shoot a little disc (Frisbee golf) I learned the lesson of assured clear distance with a Toyota SUV (Which, if your not aware, apparently has the most expensive bumper on EARTH).

The thing that really gets me this time is the fact that my parents, whose insurance I am still on, won't let me claim it (deal worked out with the unfortunate INSURANCE SALESMAN that I rear ended... hey at least I didn't hit a cop), so I am now poor for the next three months as all my money will be going for paying for his and my damages.

It's amazing the changes you go through. I used to sink all my money into my car. Now it's like the plant from the Little Barbershop of Horrors that always chimed "Feed Me!". From now on I am only buying cars that cost no more than $1,500 and in the case of an accident can be quickly pushed into a large body of water.

And here's what get's me... Ya pay for insurance cause it's supposed to be there when you need it right? And yet when I DO need it I can't use it because then I'll have to pay a higher rate for the privledge of having it STILL. Arg. ARG!!!! I hate cars. Why can't this freaking country get a decent mass transit system!!!!

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
On the bright side no one was injured, and the first guy who slammed on his breaks unnecisarily and began the wonderous chain of events that ended with me slamming my forehead on the stearing wheel and yelling obseneties at myself for a few seconds had no collateral damage. Which I'm told is good though at the moment my reason is clouded by an intense wish for a scapegoat...

knagiiBRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the heads up

Sorry to hear your going to be broke forever. Spinning fire doesn't cost anything

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I think the universe is telling you, in giant 50 foot high burning letters in the sky...

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO OWN A VEHICLE

Take the advice, before something else, more permanent, gets taken...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
why not ride a unicycle instead? from the sounds of things it will probably be much safer....

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.