Forums > Social Chat > Calling all Sheffielielielders

Login/Join to Participate

Rosalinemember
10 posts

Posted:
OK, as a pretty much virgin twirler i don't really know much about my local poi 'scene' (as you may have guessed, that's sheffield), so i'm lighting this little candle in the darkness that will hopefully draw the wee poi-moths of sheffield towards me. And then they will tell me all about such things as 'poi in the park', etc etc. And I will be very very grateful.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Rosaline:
OK, as a pretty much virgin twirler i don't really know much about my local poi 'scene' (as you may have guessed, that's sheffield), so i'm lighting this little candle in the darkness that will hopefully draw the wee poi-moths of sheffield towards me. And then they will tell me all about such things as 'poi in the park', etc etc. And I will be very very grateful.
Hi Rosaline,

Jugglers and spinners are currently meeting in Western Park on Mondays @ 7.00 (weather dependant and they're usually late) till we get our hall back at the start of term.

There's also a poi in the park at nearby Rotherham on Saturday 9 August. Organised by AstroFaerie more info here: -

https://www.poiinthepark.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52

and here: -

https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=001076

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
quote:
...they're usually late
They all run on Juggling Time, which is like normal time but you have to add however long it takes to decide which toys to take, then pack them (playing with them a bit whilst packing) and then bimbling along to where they're heading in the most round-about way possible whilst talking about juggling. Love it!

Rosalinemember
10 posts

Posted:
hehe, thanks guys. western park is just around the corner from me (i live in crookes) so i might well come with some mates to check it out. i assume you mean 7 in the evening, not the morning?

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
more sheffielders where do they all keep coming from?

poiinthepark has its own website and can be found here! but is currently offline cos my host has disabled it for some reason, probably due to bandwidth problems.

also we have a message forum which can be found here! you can register to gain access to the board and make posts and contact me there if you get stuck with any thing, also dave is on hand as a Mod if i am not around.

sheffield has a hugh community, and i'm sure you will fast become welcomed and find every one friendly and very much helpful.

enjoy

be kewl....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Sheffield? Never heard of it.

Are you not having PiPs in Endclife Park any more?

Meh

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ahwhat it is to say you have spun in sheff!

hey guys hows its hangin? i am still tryin to get to a PIP but i am up for an exam in a few days so ill cum to the practice sesh!

POiers are always out in sheff spinning, if you go up the park just of dev street next to the forum on a good sunny day and youll see loads of spinners, if you can there is a guy called Werekittin (AKA KIT) who is a really nice guy (not to say that all the other spinners like trait andassociates are not, they are just as cool, were was i...Kit) seak him out hes ussually around!

if you want im up on wed and ill meet u for a spin?

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

Rosalinemember
10 posts

Posted:
yeah, i've seen a few spinners around on devvie green, one guy known as 'tall paul' came to have a go on my mates poi while we were feeling a bit comatose, and some others as well whose names i can't remember. i'll keep an eye out for 'werekitten', sounds interesting
wednesday wud be a bit difficult for me as i only get back from france (where i am now ) on tuesday, and im off to lauriston for the first time ever on thursday (aaah, scary) so mucho mucho washing and packing needs doing. cheers for the offer though

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
There's a PiP in rotherham on sat 9th, if your interested too!!

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ah picturesque Devonshire Green. Handy for drunken homeless people and chip papers...

Oh and it's always good to stop and watch the skaters smashing bits out of themselves in the middle distance.

Meh

Rosalinemember
10 posts

Posted:
quote:
Oh and it's always good to stop and watch the skaters smashing bits out of themselves in the middle distance.
yeah, especially if some of them are the tw*ts in your year at school
Speaking of the devonshire drunks, i don't suppose you've ever been approched for money by the guy who's 'just got out of prison for battering the c*nt who he caught in bed with his wife'? It's an interesteing experience...

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
speaking of teh dev green, is it true that the dev chippy has closed?

Step (el-nombrie)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Not met the wife's-lover-basher-begger. But i have been approached by a guy who's "just come back from NY" and has the new "pill from there. Only £15". And yes it does look like a vitamin pill wrapped in clingfilm. And no he can't take it himself cos he has a weak heart and "they're just too strong".

Which makes me wonder why he bought them in the 1st placewhy he tried them

But that might just be my inner cynic....

Meh

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by onewheeldave:

Jugglers and spinners are currently meeting in Western Park on Mondays @ 7.00 (weather dependant and they're usually late) till we get our hall back at the start of term.

is it ok if a poor lowly stoke guy turns up on monday in the park to stand in amazment of you guys and try to learn some new skills?

if so can you give me more info on were and when your spinnin if you are going to on this monday?

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
If the weathers ok we'll be there.

Western park is the one with the museum in it, near the university/childrens hospital area.

We'll be round the bandstand area.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so i take it that the number 51 bus goes past west park? and then ill just wonder around till i find you?!

is it ok if i dring my drum?!

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Mechhead:
so i take it that the number 51 bus goes past west park? and then ill just wonder around till i find you?!

is it ok if i dring my drum?!

later days

I think 51 does, not sure though.

The 52 does.

The 95 to Walkley goes by the back entrance of the park,if you come that way don't go in the wrong park- Western is the one with the bandstand and museum, Crookes Valley park is the one with a big lake in the middle.

A drum would be a good idea, especially if it's a djembe.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
[/qb][/QUOTE]is it ok if a poor lowly stoke guy turns up on monday in the park to stand in amazment of you guys and try to learn some new skills?

Of course, the more the merrier
Don't really need to ask, it'll be nice to see a new face

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i just cat think were west park is! im not koking, i have only used the peace gardens for practiec, and outside th edove and rainbow, are any of you guys going through town,to get to the park, if so can i meet u in town?

i am really scared about wondering sheff from 7-1am going they must bearound here somewere?!?

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Park is on a road called Western Bank. Easy to find with an A/Z or maybe a internet map.

Walk from town to top of West street where the big tram stop is. University is up in front and slightly to the right. From uni campus walk under the big flyover bridge and go up the big flight of concrete steps on the left. Carry on walking aprrox 50 meters till park gate on right- thats western park.

Like I said b4, jugglers=late so maybe come more towards 7.30 and you should see spinning/juggling near the bandstand in middle of park.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hey guys, just to say a massive thanks for puttin up with me and it was ace to talk and play with new ppl!

i am glad i made it, thaks for walkin me to the bus stop girls twas ace to just wonder and random talk!

Astrofiary - would it be possible for you to do a tribal design for my drum cone, as its a bit plain and boring?

once again guys thanks

and i still stick to what i said there is not a bad spiner person out there, except me!

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Im not too sure of what kind of tribal you want?. Ive never tried, but i can give it ago, ill draw up some designs at some point and you can see what you think. Racheal is very good at tribal, so it might also be worth while getting in touch with her too.
Thanx for making it, and thanx for walking into sheff with us, it was lovely to get to meet with you and chat. I hope 2 see you soon

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
And cheers for the sweets Mechhead, nice thought.

Call round again next time you're in Sheffield.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
like i said there is four ltrs of parafin in my bus station lockser for you guys......all you have to is find the jade monkey before the next fool moon.......

really thanks guys, oit was ace last night

Is it a bad thing that i look like my avatar?

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Astro - ive just look at th epic of you in the galletys and OMG you look really sacry, when your not in real life, .i guess that what heppens when you live in sheff

Step (el-nombrie)