Forums > Help! > How long should a preformance be?

Login/Join to Participate

-Neon-SILVER Member
glowing...
5 posts

Posted:
Hello!
Ive been poing for about 7 uears and have the skill to preform but am kind of confused:
The question is whats the duration of a "profesional" (and by that i mean - 'one that you charge monny for) poi preformance? It kind of sounds wierd for me to go as a job to a wedding/bar mitsva (I'm relogious jew) and light my monkeyfist poi for like 5 minutes and thats it... And how much do you charge for 5 minutes performance? Does mixing flowpoi and fire poi make scence? I wish I'd find some biggining faq for starting performing...

nupoCarpal \'Tunnel
9,576 posts

Posted:
Do not spin for money !

Spin for fun. Whenever and whereever you want to
as long as the sun is shining.

Without financial and material profit,
but body and soul.

-Neon-SILVER Member
glowing...
5 posts

Posted:
I see your point, and i do spin for fun and i dont mean to stop smile i just want to make it ALSO a profession. And spining alone isnt like spining on stage (and I'm saying from expirience...)

nupoCarpal \'Tunnel
9,576 posts

Posted:
Professional spinning is a myth, there is no evaluation.
It's an art, unvaluable art. Remeber that and do some-
thing else.

I will reply no more..

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
It all depends on the needs of the client. We offer a full show of 45 minutes, but we are more often asked for "2 hours performing by 2 people outside the venue" which would just be freestyle on a 20min on, 10min off basis. For glow or walkabout stuff it could be anything at all.

The main show is the most fun to do though!

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!