Joshua_AnzaloneBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
So I have been spinning poi for a while now but never with music. I have a performance coming up this Halloween and was wondering if anyone had some good ideas for songs to spin to? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated smile

Man_in_the_maskBRONZE Member
specializes in the potentially insane
130 posts

Posted:
alot of this really depends. song selection isnt by any means one size fits all, what works phenomenally for me might not work for you. mostly a matter of style if that makes any sense.

"We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin..."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Pick music that fits the speed / style you spin poi. No point using Dubstep if you spin slowly and smoothly with graceful arcs and no point using slow music if you belt out the weave as fast as you can. Pick a song you know so you can anticipate the changes and alter your movement accordingly to make it all gel together.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.