Forums > Social Chat > I had a dream last night

Login/Join to Participate

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Last night's dream: My house was infested with ants. We started stepping on them, squishing them, but then decided that that was cruel and stopped. Instead we began theorizing about what sorts of poi moves ants could and could not do.

Moral: I've been spending too much time reading HoP.

E pluribus unum, baby.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I had a dream last night that I was on my trip to London, and we were at a beach (Don't ask... I'm not completely sure if there is a beach in london) and I saw someone doing extremely small diabolo and contact juggling at the same time.

I was freaked, ran over to them and said "DUDE BUSKERS!"... talked to them for a bit then went back over to my family and threw water balloons at giant pillars.

... trippppyyy....
Kinudin

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
i'm not even going to tell you guys about the breastmilk dream i had 2 nights ago.

Suffice to say, I had to ask my wife whether it actually happened or not later that morning, and she told me it defintely did not...

Maybe I've changed one diaper too many just lately...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:

Charles, I do not want to know, I do NOOOOOOOT want to know...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
I'm not completely sure if there is a beach in london
there's a lovely beach in london at low tide that has been reclaimed many times by HoPers. It even has sand (well mud) and as long as you don't drink the water/swim, or for that matter touch anything then your mouth, then throw away the clothes you were wearing when you get back and shower like you've never showered before then it's a lovely place to be!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
well, if the ant could balance on his/her hind legs, it could twirl two sets of poi at once - that would be very cool! there could be some awesome quadruple arm wraps!!

lovely charles.....

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I had a dream this weekend that I met the man of my dreams.. oh no.. it wasn't a dream .. erm that means it must have been real.. hahahaha!!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i had a scary dream that i was in the oub and we got robbed, and i confused them with poi and they ran away!

moral: either i have issues of showing off at impropper time, or i have REAL issues about were i do poi, as most of teh time it seems to be at the pub, and its an old man pub, and they all call me theweird staff member

Step (el-nombrie)

borismcnorrisprofessional pedant
137 posts

Posted:
a couple of night sago i had dream where I jumped off a huge cliff (don't know why cos in real life im scraed of hieghts!) into the sea. When i landed i thought i was going to drown but then found i could breathe underwater. cool or what!? I think maybe i was a fish in my previous life

A warrior always returns to the fray. He never does so out of stubbornness, but because he has noticed a change in the weather - Paulo Coelho

940 posts

Posted:
Charles: I want to hear about the breastmilk dream! Personally, I've always wanted some woman to try to make cheese from it. Or ice cream. Something like that.

Dentrassi: Hey, yeah. Brilliant. And since they're so strong, all four poi could be proportionally huge. But I don't think they could manage btb stuff. The legs are too short.

Mechhead: Hee! Now I know what to do if I get mugged!

E pluribus unum, baby.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
something really nice to do is to think of any way - and i mean *any pissible way*- your dream was relevant to a problem you are facing in waking life, wether it be current or long-standing.

What you may observe could be significant, it could also just be crap.

The idea is that if you possibly crazy dream could also have been a positive astral entity's attempt at communicating an idea to you to help you in your waking life.

just a thought, and it may help you - it will least of all provide you with an additional avenue with which to anaylse your dreams. thank goodness ya can't get hurt in them!

funny dreams rawk!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
quote:
your dream was relevant to a problem you are facing in waking life, wether it be current or long-standing.
in that case, how bout we indulge in some freudian psychoanalysis!

regyt is clearly still traumatised by parents who refused to give her all the sweet sugary foods she desired, resulting in her subconscious relating itself to an ant and its constant quest to find sugar. this was compounded by being teased by her brother, which also made her understand the perspective of the ants, who were slowly being tortured to death via here brother and his magnifying glass.

how did i go? should i set up my own private practice?
im not sure i want to attempt to explain charles' dream......

any other ideas?

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Lets have a quick vote then, shall we.

Limited to the next three posts. (different members though!)

Each member please vote YAY or NAY on Dentrassi's interpretation being right

AND

also vote YAY or NAY on whether I'm allowed to describe the breastmilk story...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

940 posts

Posted:
Dentrassi - Yes, you are precisely right. Except that both my brothers are younger and I was their meeeeaaaaan older sister (who thought she was witty) when we were growing up.

Charles - YAY on the breastmilk dream!

E pluribus unum, baby.

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
One vote for the breastmilk dream...Only one more to go...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Raises hand

I want to hear about the breast milk dream too

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
oh dear. you'd best all cover the eyes and ears of all children in the local vicinity before charles replies to this thread with his story.....

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
so where is the breast milk dream??????

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
I dreamed that a midget in a fur coat was chasing Rocky and Bulwinkle around a hospital. it probably means I'm feeling deeply unfufilled in some aspect of my life, they all seem to mean that.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Lately, I've been spending so much time in the hospital that I dream about work. I've had dreams where I've simultaneously been operating and been on the table.

But the strangest one by far was when I was on my OB/GYN rotation where I dreamt of delivering myself by C-section. Freud, eat your heart out.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
I am so glad this thread exists - otherwise I was going to have to start a new one to share the dream I had last night:

I dreamt I ate my wicks. Big cathedrals made of kevlar. I sat on the floor and took one big bite after another. The texture was like candied ginger, but they tasted like soot and kero. When I got down to the bolt, I tried to mold what little was left into a new, smaller wick, but to no avail. Also somewhere in this dream, I was making practice poi out of tennis balls for some friends, but I kept accidently giving them to the wrong people, like for example strangers in a deli. Everyone was pissed, and that's the point at which I started to chow down.

What would Freud have to say about that one, pray tell?

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I haven't remembered a dream for about two years, and then before that only remembered one every few months. Anyone got any ideas why? Or does anyone else never remember dreams seeing as so many people are obviously far to cranially active during their slumber!!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Last night after my drinking binge I dreamed that I called a friend and he wasn't home so I hung up using the hangup bitton on the receiver instead of technically hanging up the phone. This somehow dialed 911 (my room mate instantly realized I dialed 911 when I did this, it must be common knowledge to everyone but me that you can't hang up phones without dialing 911) So my roomate was freaking because we would have to pay the fine for an accidental 911 dial. The 911 operator comes on and I try to explain to him what happened. He completly ignores everything I say and is only interested in how I could possibly be calling him if my phone doesn't have a power cord. So I try to explain to him how the phones are a miliamp device, how there is a ground and power wire in every phonecord, how the telephone company offices have extensive generators and battery networks etc etc...

Then when I hang up on him. IT DIALS 911 AGAIN.

The whole conversatation is carried out with very little variation with the new operator, and I hang up and it dials again.

Repeat this cycle all night untill I wake up.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
And I want to hear the Breast feeding dream Charles!!! mmmmm...boobies....tee hee hee

Let's relight this forum ubblove

940 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Custom Bug:
I haven't remembered a dream for about two years, and then before that only remembered one every few months. Anyone got any ideas why? Or does anyone else never remember dreams seeing as so many people are obviously far to cranially active during their slumber!!
Actually, I almost never remember my dreams. Very rarely - every few months I remember a dream, maybe. Though I did spend a few years where all the dreams I could remember involved monks in some way.

E pluribus unum, baby.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
the same rules of retrospection apply whether we are conscious in the physical in the day or the astral realm(s) at night.

For instance, if remembering the day's events are made easier by connecting events one after the other, (forming chains of events is even police standard method in creating accurate police reports) then the same can be said of dreams as well. i.e. as you wake, try to remember the very last thought you had before you were aware that you awoke (in the physical world) recollecting backwards is supremely difficult at first, but that is substanstially mitigated with long term practice.

*** don't bother to read on if you don't subscribe to astral travel/lucid dreaming ***

as you awake in the physical every morning, try not to move at all. your astral body (the kundalini) is connected by what is often referred to as the 'silver umbilical chord' - with one end attaching to your astral and physical self.

the precious moments immediately around physical awakening are the times when both bodies are still not quite returned as one and you have a slight level of physical consciousness. Physical movement (any at all) quickly dismisses this state, leaving a lost opportunity and a groggy firetwirler but practicing the mental discipline (strengthened by medidation) to not move and recollect our last thoughts, last images in our minds, we can begin to tap that massive resevoir of experience.

to be sure, not everything we percieve in our dream-state is necessarily of significance - was it just a memory of aunt Molly, or an astral guide taking a familiar form to give an important spiritual lesson? important or trivial, it is only with sustained effort that we may retain anything at all from our nightly dreams/travels.

besides, it is not too diff to imgaine the practical applications of better memory technique during waking life!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
from custom bug
quote:
I haven't remembered a dream for about two years, and then before that only remembered one every few months. Anyone got any ideas why?
Everyone dreams, we have to, if we don't we go insane and then die, it's just that some people remember them more often than others...

How to remember dreams as explained by Salvador Dali (no i'm not channeling him)

1. sit in a comfy arm chair

2. place a saucer under your hand where it reaches over the arm of the chair

3. hold a small coin in that hand

4. when you are relaxed enough and begining to drift off your mind will fill with fantastical images

5. as you drift into deeper sleep your hand will relax, dropping the coin to the saucer, and the sound will awaken you to allow you to remember the dream you are having

Lots of fun, many insights and stange images to be found and enjoyed , in The Quiet Place