DianeTstranger
16 posts

Posted:
My mom gave me a set of Knitting hoops for a gift a while back. The hoops are the ones with pegs in them. You loop the yarn around the pegs and use a special hook to do the knitting with instead of needles.

I was thinking making drawstring bags for the tennis balls, then crochet the tether with fingerloops.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Comments?

My mom about fell out of her chair laughing when I told her I was going to knit some "Ball bags" *giggling* I told her to get her mind out of the gutter... LOL

Writers don't get mad, they plan your demise in a storyline.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Make them extra small, even without washing shrinkage, wool stretches faaaaar, like kneehigh socks, but much much worse. I know this because I have knitted a few scarves and I can easily have 2 people skipping one after they stretched out lol!
Have fun making them though smile

DianeTstranger
16 posts

Posted:
Actually, I found this pattern on a blog a couple days ago...I've already got the fingerloops and tether done.. I'm working on the bags this morning and it's turning out great. I'll post pictures either here or on facebook when I'm done.

https://stickyfingerscrafts.blogspot.com/2008/03/poi-pattern.html

ddubbityMini but Mighty
10 posts

Posted:
Cool pattern! I would think you'd have to make the strings much shorter. As Psyri mentioned, they will stretch out a lot.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

DianeTstranger
16 posts

Posted:
I think that the chain crochet on the tether is just a generalized suggestion for length. I finished this thing in a couple hours... I'll have to find a place where I can post the pictures.

One of them includes the ball I used for the weight.

rslijianstranger
6 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: DianeTActually, I found this pattern on a blog a couple days ago...I've already got the[url=https://www.mmohome.com/]RS Gold[/url fingerloops and tether done.. I'm working on the bags this morning and it's turning out great. I'll post pictures either here or on facebook when I'm done.

rslijianstranger
6 posts

Posted:
Actually, I found this pattern on a blog a couple days ago...I've already got the https://www.mmohome.com/
fingerloops and tether done.. I'm working on the bags this morning and it's turning out great. I'll post pictures either here or on facebook when I'm done.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
oooo I am totally gunna have to give this pattern a try, now I've seen what they look like, i kinda like the aethetic smile

The SharkTime Traveler
9 posts

Posted:
You know, I was actually watching a YouTube tutorial recently and I swear I thought the guy had knitted poi. You two must be meme machines in the collected conscience.

Who's laughing now you obnoxious drunks from Queens?