Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > Best Poi for learning orbitals on

Login/Join to Participate

synndarellaDIAMOND Member
61 posts

Posted:
Didn't realize I can be a slow learner till I tried this move laugh3
Im using sock poi, also tried on cones - Ive been trying for so long, beginning to wonder if Im just using the wrong tools here

I imagine once I have it, Ill be able to do them on anything
Can you do them and if so, what did you learn on confused

Thanks in advance

EDITED_BY: synndarella (1340623400)

Sometimes youre ahead, sometimes youre behind. The race is long and in the end, its only with yourself~

thirteenBRONZE Member
The Death Card
195 posts

Posted:
flowlights with flowcord are pretty snazzy for orbitals. swivels assumed, of course.

The dawn has come
And the wine will run
And the song must be sung
And the flowers are melting
In the sun

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
Colecord and swivels are good too - I haven't tried flowcord before.

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

RuzeBRONZE Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
I learned orbitals with glowsticks on shoestrings. Orbits (as you've noticed) don't work so well with socks or thick string. Because they twist up easily. A thinner string works best, unless you are using swivels attached to or near your handle.

I hope this helps.

lawlietSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
I've been trying to learn these for the past week. After watching Derek's tutorial he said air wraps were an absolute must first which i can do with socks quite easily now but anything with a string i struggle with. i guess its just trial and error smile i got some short lengths of cole cord with swivels and also a couple of 72mm balls, that's what i'm attempting on for now, i'll post the results!
EDITED_BY: lawliet (1349002104)

Beginners do it until they can get it right, experts do it until they can't get it wrong.

XBL Gamertag: o Lawliet o

tracethefaceBRONZE Member
angry turtle
101 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: RuzeI learned orbitals with glowsticks on shoestrings.

...how have i not tried this... let's hope i can find glow sticks over here...

Fluidity.

theNPCBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I learned on a combination on a lot of different poi. I think the best for learning would be socks with very heavy heads.

Once you get it once you just do it a billion more times. I can keep it going for the longest on my podpoi

Check out my
And

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
Flowtoys podpoi are great for doing orbitals. Nice weight, perfectly smooth cord, and swivels that seem like they could spin for an eternity.

You can learn to do orbitals with pretty much any poi that has swivels though. But podpoi are great.

The best orbital poi I've ever used though are a pair of ripstop nylon cone poi I specifically designed for the move.

I'd rather die on paws, than live on feet.

southafricadudeGOLD Member
12 posts

Posted:
I second Lone Wolf, the pod poi are super easy to do orbitals with. I think its a combination of the flow cord, and the poi being a decent weight, and of course the swivels which allow them to spin so nicely.

synndarellaDIAMOND Member
61 posts

Posted:
You need swivel handles. You'll be amazed at the difference!
They sell swivel parts on here much cheaper than other places. I'm not so sure about attaching them to cones, I have cones I attach mine to socks or cords.

I think in all honestly set wise its probably these. They're made by flowtoys who are quite expensive. But you can find similar parts on here.

Sometimes youre ahead, sometimes youre behind. The race is long and in the end, its only with yourself~

cvg1991BRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
I use flow leashes. I have a pair of pod poi that ive recently bought, the flowcord on the pod poi has just the right amount of give, the swivels allowfor the poi to spin for ages. I deffinitely recommend them to learn orbitals, seeing how thats how I learned them lol...goodluck with your spinning, and remember goodvibes happy thoughts:)

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
Seem as though podpoi are everyone's favorite.

Trybal WolfSILVER Member
Wolf Furry
517 posts

Posted:
I've talked 4 people into getting them in just the last 2 months!!!

Hmmm. I should ask flowtoys for a job...