iloverocketBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I recently bought some LED glow poi and I have a random question...

I want to spin at the beach, does anyone have any ideas for a cover of sorts for the battery/button area on the bottom of the poi?

I was thinking about just slapping a large sticker over the whole area to seal it off, but I don't want the gunky residue that comes along with it. I'm also thinking a sticker would be bad in that if I wanted to change colors or even turn them off the sticker might keep the buttons depressed.

It's not like I'm going to intentionally put my poi in sand, but I would like them to stay clean. Sand gives no fucks.

Thanks smile

Wrexiestranger
3 posts

Posted:
Use a gallon-sized ziploc bag, put the poi inside the bag (string, handle, everything) and seal it shut. Cut a small hole in the side of the bag to pull your string and handle through, then seal it by wrapping packing tape around the opening that you made. You should be able to tape it tight enough that sand doesn't sneak in (unless it gets buried).

beaniebobGOLD Member
casually noob tech poi spinrar
155 posts

Posted:
If all your precautions fail, a little attention from the vacuum cleaner or hairdryer (on cool setting) might also help get rid of sand.

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error."

HOP Newsletter