DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Hello HOP, it's been a while wink

I want to make some rebounding bouncing ball poi for percussive purchases.

Would bounce juggle balls be what I need? in terms of attachment I was thinking about making a hole through the centre and putting a rope through.

Any better ideas?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Rubber bounce balls could work, just be careful what surfaces you bounce them on as that will seriously affect the bounciness!

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I would also imagine that putting a hole and rope through would probably slightly reduce the bounce as some of the force will be lost through the rope, not a lot.

Also may be tough going through the rubber ball, the gap is likely to close if it's not big enough.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Thinking about it, do you need the ends to be bouncy? Its fairly easy to 'bounce' poi off things anyway, and a wooden end would be cheaper and make more noise if its percussion you're after?

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Hollow ends may be even more percussive, a tennis ball should be bouncy enough and would be a lot easier to mount on a rope / string. and you can get that "thwock!" noise if there is room for a little air to escape.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
You could also put them inside something non-shock-absorbent?

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
i've experamented with this a few years ago. hard rubber bouncy balls don't work very well for it, they loose most of their bounce once they are drilled and they also fall apart quite quickly. i did have moderate success however with a ball i found in pet store for dogs, it was a bit squidgy, fairly bouncy and was made of what looked like rubber foam, much less dense than a normal hard bouncyball. the dog balls retained most of their bounce after being drilled and proved to be durable, they ended up on a meteor I gave to someone in the end

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire