Gary_CifersSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
Just Moved to OK from California and was trying to find some spinners around the Guthrie/Edmond area... I did try the "Meet Others" tab but it seems noone answers their messages anymore wonder So.. who all is still burning in okie town? lol

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
We're out there. Fire poi has become a lot more recognized in this state in the party year or so. You'll have better luck meeting people out in the public than here. Most of my spinny friends don't come here that often so this forum isn't a great indicator for local burners. Be patient and you'll meet others. Practice in parks, bring your poi to parties or out to clubs (or whatever Edmond has) and you'll meet other poi enthusiasts soon enough.

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

Gary_CifersSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
True... It seems that it's much more difficult find anyone out here than it was in Cali... I'm not even able to ind any troupes through gigsalad or tribe.net and all of the postings on HOP are from '08 to '11 and i'm not sure if these people even spin anymore. I notice you're up in Tulsa, how often do you come around the Edmond, Guthrie, or OKC areas?

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Yeah the local search function never yielded much good unfortunately. I don't make it out to OKC that often. That bring said I do know performers living in that area so just keep an eye out, and hit up every gathering and music festival you can.

Gary_CifersSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
Are there any sites that give info about any of the fests out here? Google doesn't show much in that category (unless it's 4 years old already)... And believe me when i say I've been scouring the internet for anything that might push me in the right direction...

Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Facebook honestly. That seems to be where I see the most festivals listed, either from being invited or seeing other friend's events. Other than that I can't think of anywhere else which gets updated regularly enough with a wide enough audience.

yolanda8802stranger
4 posts

Posted:

I've popped in here once or twice in the past few months - and kind of keeping up on what's going on around here.
But, I've been piddling around about this and decided to finally join this discussion board
because I feel like I have to say something about it!

Gary_CifersSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
Lol I lose touch with these forums every once and a while, I notice you posted that about 9 days ago.... so what's up?