MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Is anyone trying to go this year? I say "trying" because there's a horrible mess with the ticket lottery where something like 150,000 people signed up for 50,000 tickets by getting their friends, relatives, etc. to sign up. Scalpers are already posting $1000+ tickets on E-bay and the hard tickets won't even ship until August!

After ten years of attendance, I'm considering not going this year because of this. Even if I get tickets, there's going to be a whole goat rodeo getting them for everyone in the camp. I played by the rules and signed up for the two tickets I need and now I'm getting punished for it. That blows.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
I was burned out ages ago. This transition, in fighting, profit splitting, and last year on the lease comes at a bad time to have a lotto. I was considering attending this year, but had a change of heart in Dec. Price hiking and all the above non-sense has put me off bad enough to consider not attending ever again. frown

Let's burn it all down and start over!

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

wazupstranger
1 post

Posted:
I'm registered in the lottery too. We'll see what happens!

Mr Majestikcoming to a country near you
45 posts

Posted:
Quote:III. SECONDARY OPEN SALE -- DIRECT PURCHASE -- NO REGISTRATION -- 10,000 TICKETS (AS WELL AS ANY REMAINING TICKETS FROM MAIN SALE) -- BEGINNING MARCH 28th 2012 UNTIL GONE -- $390 + s/h -- LIMIT 4 PER PERSON -

The link to purchase will be at the top of this page at 12:00pm noon, (Pacific Standard Time), MARCH 28, 2012.
No registration is needed for these tickets. There are 10,000 of these tickets available, plus any unclaimed tickets from the Main Sale.
Open Sale tickets will be sold starting at 12:00pm noon, (Pacific Standard Time), MARCH 28, 2012, until they are gone.

Problem ?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
The direct sale is for only 10,000 tickets and it will be scalper city.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Mr Majestikcoming to a country near you
45 posts

Posted:
What is scalper city ?

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
money grubbers buying tickets to sell on for higher prices

Just a dancer in the dark

FugeeBRONZE Member
Cooler than bubblegum!
2,501 posts

Posted:
Here's your fear Doc!

https://www.stubhub.com/burning-man-festival-tickets/burning-man-8-27-2012-4016620/

The popcorn extends life... The popcorn expands consciousness...

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I am so glad I went last year.

And while I'd love to go again so I can do all the things I didn't the first time, it will be in a few years.

CircleMasterSILVER Member
Purveyor of knowledge
8 posts

Posted:
They cancelled that sale (March 28th open sale), rest of the tickets are for the "burner vets" and people who deserve tickets, or who THEY feel deserve tickets. Kinda DUMB if you ask me, why would you have an open sale? that's inviting scalpers all day... Should have some kind of merit badge system (or similar) for BM and the Regional burns they have so you would actually know the people that aren't just money-grubbing jerks. I was gonna try to go this year but having to prove to them how much I deserve a ticket seems kind of convoluted to me. Best of luck to all interested parties though. If you want a ticket bad enough, you can get one!!! grin

I'm jumpin in
*KaPLUNK***
ººbig splashºº

ganstardsstranger
1 post

Posted:
In 2008, North American advertisers spent US$13.5 billion on search engine marketing. The largest SEM vendors are Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter.[2] As of 2006, SEM was growing much faster than traditional advertising and even other channels of online marketing.[3] Because of the complex technology, a secondary "search marketing agency" market has evolved. Many marketers have difficulty understanding the intricacies of search engine marketing and choose to rely on third party agencies to manage their search marketing.

home led lighting

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Not sure but heard rumors that the "inventors" of BM are doing quite well... nothing wrong with it - just a bait ...so here is a product and the supplier can't satisfy demand... only a matter of time when other products/ copies enter the market...

Anybody up for it? wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink