Forums > Videos > HoP Video Collaboration -- 2012 style!

Login/Join to Participate

neonrazeSILVER Member
I don't do boredom.
20 posts

Posted:
So it's been nearly two years since the first Home of Poi collaboration video.
A video that... to say it mildly, totally knocked my socks off. It was utterly amazing.
And it's been a year and a half since the sequel never got made.

A spinner can learn a lot of new things in a year and a half.

It's about time for another go, don'tcha think? grin
So bust out your cameras and get spinning.

Participation should be pretty simple:

I’m keen to edit something together, so make a video 2 – 3 minutes long and post it to Youtube, then post a link to the video here in this thread.

This is a slightly different method from #1, to eliminate one major problem. Ripping the videos off Youtube eliminates any file conversion issues that may be experienced further down the line. This way, I can ensure that everybody will be included.

If you can’t/don’t want to post your participating video to youtube (bearing in mind it can be removed as soon as the collab is finished) please email me at lucidus49@gmail.com, and we can work something else out.

And finally, if anyone can suggest music that we are allowed to use/can get permission to use, that would be sweet!

smile

RexasPrhymeBRONZE Member
stranger
9 posts

Posted:
Sparkle Poi

I'm seriously trying to revolutionize this style of poi, it's got ton's of potential, but safety and the fact that it actually shoots melted steel is the biggest hold back. I'm working on getting a burn suit so more complex techniques can be done. Also I'm working on designs for the actual poi themselves, so I can control burn time and amount of sparks expelled.
EDITED_BY: RexasPrhyme (1328735086)

neonrazeSILVER Member
I don't do boredom.
20 posts

Posted:
Looks totally amazing! I hope you make heaps of progress so that I can have a go too ;D

Can I ask how you obtained the rights to use the music? I'm kind of stuck with that. I think last time one of the spinners created the music for the video (which was excellent) but I have no idea where he is now.

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Awesome, I'm in. Whats the deadline? I'll get some juggly/staffy stuff done grin

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I will try get some footage. I need to anyway.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I will see what I can do! I've got nowhere to spin indoors, and the weather is likely to be crud until June, but if the opportunity comes up I will take it!

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

neonrazeSILVER Member
I don't do boredom.
20 posts

Posted:
I'm not too keen on setting a definite deadline; I think when we have 10 - 15 participants I'll just start making the video smile

I'm so excited! XD

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Dammit, I took a camera to training today and then had the worst session in ages, I'm blaming you guys tongue2

neonrazeSILVER Member
I don't do boredom.
20 posts

Posted:
grin so you handle pressure well?

Oh, you reminded me!

If anybody you spin with/are intending to have a burn with in the near future wants to participate, it's a totally open invite. I'm always happy to have more awesome footage and people participating. Just don't forget to give me a name/title smile

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Sweet, its practice tonight so I'll get some footage done smile

Gary_CifersSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
I'd enjoy participating. what are you looking for in terms of vids?

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Got a bit of footage grabbed last night, and will sort some more out on Saturday. How much are you after, like a minute total or something?

neonrazeSILVER Member
I don't do boredom.
20 posts

Posted:
@willworkforfoodjnr: As much as you want, so long as it's not ten minutes long grin heavy editing also unnecessary.

@Gary: As above -- just clips of your performance. Please refer to the original collab video if you get stuck smile

Link:

It was mentioned in the first collab thread, but I'll repeat it here -- it's really important to get good quality footage (nice lighting, tripod/steady camera work, etc.) if you want to show off your performance as much as possible. grin

Gary_CifersSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
How is this as far as quality of the video goes? (no this is not my vid for the Colab lol It's too old :P)

I think a ten minute collab vid would be awesome this time around!

Also if you need any help with editing I am available with Final Cut Pro and Adobe After Effects
EDITED_BY: Gary_Cifers (1330159984)

neonrazeSILVER Member
I don't do boredom.
20 posts

Posted:
That quality is fine smile

Although a ten-minute vid sounds awesome, a shorter one-song video has advantages... like not destroying my internet connection with the upload smile and being more accessible to newcomers, plus I don't know how difficult it will be to obtain rights to music. frown

Gary_CifersSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
as long as music comes from soundcloud it is no problem lol I've already got 4 songs on my new channel uploaded to youtube with rights to use plus rights for others to use on youtube.

neonrazeSILVER Member
I don't do boredom.
20 posts

Posted:
Soundcloud Creative Commons is an awesome idea! Thanks so much for pointing me in that direction.
Still hanging around for some more clips, guys... smile

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
I've totally been slack and not got anything finished off, I'll grab some footage on Tuesday smile

neonrazeSILVER Member
I don't do boredom.
20 posts

Posted:
bumpety bump. Still keen.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well glad i bring my camera with me on the road gonna have to start busting some stuff out its been awhile since i've had access to a computer with the internet

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

neonrazeSILVER Member
I don't do boredom.
20 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a plan if you're still up for it.

Brandon_AguilarSILVER Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btan4M_Gs0Q

hahahaha

PoiHansstranger
5 posts

Posted:

Would be something like this fire poi video already be good enough for collaboration standarts?