Page:
JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Single-Ninja-LED-Poi

Anyone play with these yet? I would want/need to make them heavier. It looks like the rings slide up and down (or at least three). I wonder what the weight would be if I removed the rings and used a solid piece of PVC instead?

I like the idea though, and will probably add them to my want list.

Comments please?

EDIT:
Talked to customer support. They confirmed that the rings could be removed (or more added) and a solid piece of PVC should fit over poi(given it has the correct diameter). I am pretty excited now.

Groovy

LyeFate Keeps Telling Me To Stop
270 posts

Posted:
I'm going to buy them today. Feedback coming (if I can stop spinning).

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
Ooh, these are an ambitious piece of gear. Let us know how they work, I would love a good replacement for the gorgeous but unfortunately designed multi-mode LED balls...

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

DannyRoseGOLD Member
Love is life
16 posts

Posted:
...Will Home of Poi ever stop demanding my money?

"All I knew was Love" - Papadosio

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: LyeI'm going to buy them today. Feedback coming (if I can stop spinning).

I'll be interested in your report too: both how they are to spin with in terms of look-and-feel and how durable they seem.

270 posts

Posted:
Now the long wait for shipping to the us. I actually have two packages coming from HoP. Ha.
EDITED_BY: Lye (1316480113)

funkenSILVER Member
journeyman
92 posts

Posted:
oh i also ordered them
they seem to be very nice
hopefully not a missbuy then my last led text poi
looking forward for the arrivel of these beauties;)

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
This is relevant to my interests.

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

karamSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
I just spent the last hour playing with my new ninja poi and they're fantastic!!! Most of the light settings are vibrant and pleasant. The different strobe options have kept me playing with them for a while. The weight is perfect, the balance is pretty good.. I wish they were possibly four centimeters shorter for more precision, but that's my preference. I bought these as a replacement for my Ogg poi, and they're superior in EVERY way.. except one. The ninja poi hurts like a bitch when they hit you. The soft rings were made to protect the poi, but definitely not you. They've been hit together many times and it hasn't done any damage whatsoever.. will update if this changes. It was definitely well worth the money smile
An addendum after 5 hours of usage: when they slam each other on semi high impact, they have a tendency to shut off. At first I freaked out, thinking I killed it, but when you press the power button for about four seconds, it always works like nothing ever happened. It's not too big of a deal.. however, it does get annoying if you're practicing a new move on it. I was working on floating triqueteras, which doesn't require speed, but when they hit, one poi or the other shut off perhaps on 30% of the impacts. Ninja poi is still amazing, and I'm still satisfied.
EDITED_BY: karam (1316839427)

funkenSILVER Member
journeyman
92 posts

Posted:
Could you upload a video please

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
Karam,

thanks for the review. I can't wait to order mine. I bet/hope these will be a big seller for HoP. The price point is seems to be right on for all of the functions offered.

Groovy

Stnd54SILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
These look pretty cool, anyone want to make a vid of them? i'm curious as to how they look in action.

270 posts

Posted:
Now they have glow in the dark pendulum poi. Damn it. I need more money. I hope they come out with glow in the dark ball handles with swivels even though I just bought 2 non glowy pairs.

funkenSILVER Member
journeyman
92 posts

Posted:
Arrived today and i absolutely love them
Most lsd pleasing poi i own wink
A bit brigther than my christal poi but alot more options to choose
They seem to be pretty durable but that only time will tell
EDITED_BY: funken (1317489241)

YutaSAPPHIRE Member
138 posts

Posted:
I played them at my poi gathering.
I and friends took photo and video, and it was so great smile

I uploaded photos, and will upload video soon.
https://poicommunity.com/poishop/en/ledninjapoiset.php

OuchStaffBRONZE Member
journeyman
65 posts

Posted:
I hope that with the arrival of these poi the HOP (affordable) led staff is a bit closer tongue2

Ouch o.O

karamSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
one of mine just died after about 20 hours of usage.. after it collided with the other poi, it won't turn on anymore frown I hope everyone else's is more durable than mine

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
Karam,

Thanks for the update. Be sure to let HoP customer support know, I am sure the feedback will be appreciated. Let us know how/if it is repaired or resolved. Hopefully the broken poi just had a weak solder or something else minor that can be easily fixed. I bet HoP makes it right with you. They are the ultimate prop shop in the world and this product just seems too groovy to only last 20 hours of play.

Groovy

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Big thanks to Yuta for sending through some video and pics that we have now used showing the Ninja poi in the HOP shop, enjoy......
https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Single-Ninja-LED-Poi
Happy spinning
Chris.
juggle weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley juggle

gc_villaflorBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi guys, any updates on the durability of the Ninja LED poi? Thanks.

SakkaraGOLD Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
i got the ninja led pois on 7th november and last week, even bevore the very first batteies i used were empty, one of the pois stopped working.

first i thought it was the battery, but after changing batteries i realized it was the poi frown
sometimes it works for a bit and then turns off, sometimes it just turns off when i switch through menus.

i already wrote to hop, looking forward for an answer...

NiDrOBRONZE Member
stranger
14 posts

Posted:
pardon my french here but OMFG.
i knew technology wasnt all bad.

this must be the biggest breakthrough since schrödinger locked up his cat >.>

Env0stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sakkarai got the ninja led pois on 7th november and last week, even bevore the very first batteies i used were empty, one of the pois stopped working.

first i thought it was the battery, but after changing batteries i realized it was the poi frown
sometimes it works for a bit and then turns off, sometimes it just turns off when i switch through menus.

I just encountered the same issue. I swapped out batteries, no change. The other one cycles and spins just fine. But while I was spinning my 2nd one just stopped working. It would come back randomly when I tried to turn it on, but shut off with no reason. I'm not sure why it does this and these are brand new, only used twice for short period. So it is very worrisome.

Firefly777BRONZE Member
stranger
10 posts

Posted:
I'm about to buy my first set of LED poi and was wondering the same thing about the Ninja's. I like the light variations but have heard about them breaking when hit together or one stopping working....

I'm not sure what to do yet - regular crystal poi or ninja? Hmmm decisions!

Patric_CovingtonSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Would like to know if they're durable. I'm either gonna go with ninja or flowlights but can't decide.

Firefly777BRONZE Member
stranger
10 posts

Posted:
Same here - if It was only one negative review I'd go ahead and order because the different light patterns look great, but I've seen more than a few reviews saying the durability is an issue...

Also I guess you can't add flowmass to them which may be an issue. I heard that they're for poi use only so unlike flow-lights, they don't connect up to staff etc.

Still If they're durable, I'll buy them today! Just want to do some more research though.

BurntCrispyPoister
8 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Sakkarai got the ninja led pois on 7th november and last week, even bevore the very first batteies i used were empty, one of the pois stopped working.

Same here. I just bought a pair, waited a couple of weeks to get them and on my fourth or fifth short spin session one of them is messed up, turning on for a few seconds and sometimes not at all then going dark after a second. Tried changing the batteries and nothing. Im really bummed out, if there was some durability these would be the best led poi for their price on the market but its hard to enjoy spinning only one poi that lights up.

And yes, they did knock together when i was trying some new stuff, but nothing shattering that isnt involved in the expected wear and tear on a pair of poi.

Joshd1206BRONZE Member
Go Beyond The Impossible
2 posts

Posted:
Did anyone ever get there problem resolved? I am in the process of ordering these but if there doing nothing to solve your problem I may just cancel my order now.

Joshd1206BRONZE Member
Go Beyond The Impossible
2 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: This Jaded FleshApparently it was just a small batch that came not put together so they had to do it. They gave me an exchange. Everyone will have had their problem solved. HoPs customer service cannot be faulted.

Thanks for the Info now I can feel secure about my new ones coming in the mail.

gandulumSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
I ordered the Ninja Poi after i asked if they solved the problem. So they have.
Until now they working fine and i crashed them often together. If this change i will tell it.
May what is interesting for other, i also ordered the Flowmass from the Flowtoys. I put them on the Ninja Poi after removing the rings. (one i left there on the top) Was using lube otherwise it is not possible. But i read that it is the same with the flowlight case. Now the weight with swiffel is 164 gramm per head! So nice flow with it.
I really want to upload pictures for you but did not realize how it's working... 8)
If i check how i will do it.

gandulumSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
so i upload the pictures on flickr...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gandulum/sets/72157629216065005/with/6835965543/

Page: