Forums > Technical Discussion > Another newbie toy question...

Login/Join to Participate

OniTorastranger
13 posts

Posted:
Hey! I'm sure this has been covered before, but new stuff comes out often, and new posters have new input, so I thought I'd re-ask it for the benefit of myself and other newcomers.

I've got some experience with fire from a few years back, and am looking to get back into some light spining- But I wanna go LED. Sooo...

Can anyone suggest or link some cheaper but decent LED Poi sets, if there is such a thing.

Also, I used to have a nice set of LED glosticks, I think I paid about $10 per, but can't seem to find any through google. Anyone have a source for these?

Thanks in advance!

-=Nash=-

-=Dave

tanzSILVER Member
stranger
10 posts

Posted:
Well do you want it to be in socks or in cords? Socks are quite strechy but in my opinion spinning feels pretty good with them. I never tried LED with cords, but i just ordered pair of colecords (and some other stuff too, xmas present to myself.. :D) cause everybody higly recommends them.

I started up with this: https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-of-Jailhouse-MultiColor-LED-Glow-Sock-Poi

Then there is multifunction LED balls too, i guess they look more impressive with all the patterns and so..

Here is a cord-option: https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pro-Series-Multifunction-LED-Poi-Set-with-Cole-Cords

That is with the multifunction balls. And with colecords. But you can buy it all in parts too and make your own poi. And take a look of the shop, they have many good options.
EDITED_BY: tanz (1324994103)

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
You can some colecord with flowlights and crystal cases for fairly cheaply: $17 or so.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland