Forums > Social Chat > Translation assistance

Login/Join to Participate

Flower fairyBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
Hello lovely peeps

I have seen a thread on this but cant for the life of me find it!

Basically I was wondering if anyone knew how to say Paraffin in German and Thai and also where the best places to buy are in these countries as this will be essential to my holiday fun and firey frolics this year!

Thanks in advance

some people take a walk in the rain and others just get wet

Smiling is infectious. Please pass this on.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
ich scheine, mein glockenspeil verloren zu haben und Angelegenheiten hinzuzufügen, die ich etwas Kerosin für mein Luftkissenfahrzeug benötige. Wann kann ich einiges finden?

for hours of fun: https://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hay flower fairy, perhaps it would be a goodly time to grab a hungarian phrasebook! possibly

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

98 posts

Posted:
Will definately need the phrase book to work out what flid's just said!

Bender I just thought some of you worldly peeps would know these things so I could skip looking it up cos the phrase book doesnt tell me where to find it..... especially in Thailand. Oh well I shall make it my mission to find a German and a Thai person today and ask them.... Thanks anyway

ps. Hungarian isnt gonna help me anyway silly!!!

98 posts

Posted:

Just translated that back flid

THANK YOU

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
hey peeps, rather than start a new thread, thought i'd use this one, can anybody tell me which one of these is a better translation of 'holy [censored] batman's coming' in german

Halage sheisse, fliegermaus mench
or
Kommen des heiligen Scheiße Batmans

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:

Just out of curiosity... why?

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
we used to get hours of fun from trying to get our german teacher to translate it for us, i just kinda wondered what was the correct translation. thanks alot birgit!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
oh, that would be like when we asked our chemistry teacher to draw the structure for C3PO wink she got a bit annoyed at that one

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
nam mun pheua cone den fie

translates literally in Thai as:fluid oil for a fire dancer. That is basically how they would say it and should get what you want. I am not going to try and explain the tones though,( thai is tonal) so maybe point at a table lamp and swing your poi at the same time?

It is usually lamp oil used, which I dont think is the same as parrafin? Be careful, some has citronella,some is dirty... We always got that from restaurants and beach bars.They know exactly what you mean, and will often provide free fuel and drinks if you spin by their place.

We prefer white gas. But white gas is restricted availability in Thailand. You can get it from a watch repair person, if you ask nicely and give them extra money for it. They have it for cleaning the gears I think. It is usually kept in a white jug behind their work space. Watch repair people are usually found sitting in the street front area of the jewellers stores.

If you use this,keep close tabs on it, so other people dont treat it like it is parafin and stick hot toys in it or smoke beside it etc etc. It is much more volitile fuel, make sure you understand its specs.

Have fun!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Outside of the UK parafin is known as Kerosene.

It shouldnt be too hard to find in Germany, but I am not sure how easy it will be to find in Thailand, or how clean it will be. I would be causious of using lamp oil because of how volotile it is.
Good luck and enjoy your trip. sorry I cant help with actual translations hug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Triptoemember
71 posts

Posted:
In german its also named parafin, as far as i know...-i speak german since +- 12 years...(you also can ask me questions about french, luxemburgish, and dutch..) in germany there are also jugglingshops etc where you can find it. also in some shops with handbags, or artshops etc ubbrollsmile

-I love goats and cheesecake-

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
you "love" goats?
eek

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde
Jointly owned by FreyaJ, Birgit and Aurinko

Triptoemember
71 posts

Posted:
Maybe... biggrin wink your little dirty mind should be -> censored ubblol ubblol ubblol
EDITED_BY: Triptoe (1155399213)

-I love goats and cheesecake-