cloudlotusSILVER Member
dimensional plains surfer
14 posts

Posted:
Who gets stoPped while they're spinning? What do you say/do. What do they say/do. Hope it's not just me a black man targeted for spinning sockpoi at night.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Buddha

adeathlyauraGOLD Member
The Poi Spinning Undead
173 posts

Posted:
You have been stopped by the police for spinning poi? That's kind of weird. What happened? Were you spinning in an area where you could possibly hit other people? Or anything like that?

Question everything.

cloudlotusSILVER Member
dimensional plains surfer
14 posts

Posted:
12:30 am, by a fountain with streetlights (I could see my shadows). Had my headphones in. Saturday night. I live in a fairly rural area so only a few groups of people coming home- not crowded by any means and it's quite an open space. I wasn't interacting with people, just minding my own business. They drove up to me with a meat wagon about 4 or five officers inside and jumped out all ready to arrest me. I said the sockpoi I had were soft let them feel them (ugh) explained that I juggle and they backed off. They said they thought they were nunchaku and left soon after. I've been stopped for juggling before and all. It kinda pisses me off because the main reason I practise so late is because there are less people to bug me asking questions and whatnot disrupting my flow and preventing me from practising.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Buddha

adeathlyauraGOLD Member
The Poi Spinning Undead
173 posts

Posted:
Well, it's probably just because they thought you were swinging weapons, since they left after realizing you weren't. I'll admit though... four or five cops jumping out of a van at me would freak me out. Actually, anyone jumping out of a van at me would freak me out. XD

Question everything.

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Take it as a compliment, if they thought you were twirling weapons, then obviously they thought you were good enough it would take 5 of them if you decided to take them on wink

No harm no foul, you didn't get hooked, and once they were convinced you weren't a threat to anyone they went on their way.

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

NiDrOBRONZE Member
stranger
14 posts

Posted:
cool cops, they kinda admitted that their "superior" police instincts could have been wrong smile