Forums > Help! > Making Fire 3 section staff??

Login/Join to Participate

Alan Bellstranger
3 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone,

I am trying to make a 3 sectioned staff that i can use for practice AS WELL AS spinning fire, but not sure measurements or anything.

If anyone has a link, or have made one can you please notify me?
(Looking to make it out of aluminum if possible)

EDITED_BY: Alan Bell (1320967633)

Shanti,
-Al

CyricxGOLD Member
28 posts

Posted:
Traditionally, each stick is the length of your arm. With about 3-4 inches of chain in between each.

I had made a 3 piece a LONG time ago when I first started spinning fire (started out with chucks), and quickly determined I needed to learn staff first! But if I recall right I varied the design slightly and made the ends each 17 inches long and then like 4 inches of chain between each that way the final product was about 5 feet long. So that I could comfortably spin it on the wall plane.

biggest thing that sucks about having fire tools that you practice with as well is that when you drop them or they hit things, it tears up the kevlar and significantly reduces the life of the heads. So be sure to at least put socks on it or something. The three piece has an added issue in the fact that... well.. it can really really hurt when you make a mistake! tongue2

Hope this helps!

US Performer liability insurance run by performers. Why pay more then you have to?

WeAreSafe.org

Alan Bellstranger
3 posts

Posted:
Oh that really helps actually! And my plan is to make 2 of them, and wrap one in pipe insulation foam to give it less of a pow if and WHEN i hit myself. tongue2
Thank you for the help! smile

Shanti,
-Al