PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
One Year Ago one of the things I love most in the world nearly destroyed every aspect of my world.

One Year Ago I was in a hospital bed in the worst shape of my life.

One Year Ago I had no voice, no strength and alot of fear.

One Year Ago everything in my world changed, how people look at me, how my family and friends regard me. Some I lost, some I gained.

One Year Ago everything as I know it changed.

And One Year Ago I was wondering if it was all worth it.

And it is. I made it through with the help of all of you who have been there for me, and I have to thank you whole heartedly. I am, in many ways, better than I have ever been in my life. You have been there for me since the year of hell began for me February 2002 and you have held me up ever since.
I am stronger, more passionate (if that was possible), wiser, and more interested in life than ever. I have learned that I really am loved and respected. That I can make a difference, even when I think I am just a little bumpkin girl. I have learned that everything in this world is a learning experience and each of those are precious. I have learned that every moment is one to savour.

Thank you so much for helping me learn this. *sniffle*
I love you guys!

My heart especially goes out to Malcolm, for all you have done for me and for all that you are, you are such a huge part of my soul and my life. My eternal love, gratitude and friendship is yours!!

oh, and...One Year Ago I was looking forward to a piece of art from Cantus....and I am still looking forward to it!

(I think I am done being sappy now! )

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
wow - was it a year ago?! Crazy.

Glad all's going well for you Pele, you get so much love because you give so much yourself.

May the fire gods of goodness and all things spangly make your slippers warm

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Can you believe it? July 20th. Went by very fast (well recently...I swear time stopped a few days of my recovery).

Many hugs and warm fuzzies to you as well!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
One year ago I promised you a painting and never got round to sending it...

tum te tum

*tries to tiptoe out of the door*

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's upstairs.

I'll try and finish it tomorrow and get it off to you - now you have a proper address I can send it to.

It's all firey. I hope you like fire....

Meh

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
Pele, if you get back even one millionth of all the fabulousness you put out there you will never have a care in the world.

Stay Gorgeous!

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Pele you're sooo strong and that's what i love about you. How your handeled every aspect of what happened.

Here dropbears are great !

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
pele,
thank you for writing up and being so open about your experiences. i rarely firebreath - only for the occaisional show, due to the extreme risk. at shows and at my uni circus club i have people wanting me to teach them how, something i prefer not to do. however for those few i choose to teach, i give them 20 odd pages of info to read before i do anything.
this included your tips on breathing, and your 'season in hell' article - the latter i especially feel is essential info for beginners & seasoned performers. it certainly makes the beginners think twice, but also made me more aware about the risks.

thanks, & take care.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
.. you go girl..

You should be so proud of how you've recovered and how you are still carrying on with something that nearly took you from us, albeit with a more respect and awareness

Even tho we don't communicate directy very much, I've seen you grow, gain strengh and passion in your post and it makes me proud to be associated with you.

The people around you are lucky..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by C@ntus

Meh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well instead of ressurrecting posts that many of the newbies (no offence meant) will understand about, why dont you scuttle off and paint the picture for her now?

wink

Twisted ClownBRONZE Member
102 posts

Posted:
wow your amazing

There may be one for everyone but what if there is two for three would that mean none for someone or did they start off without one....

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I really wanted to be able to firebreath because im rubbish at poi etc but you've really made me think about it seriously. I think ill stick to my motorbikes instead. They seem safer. Thanks. X

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I was gonna say...it's been 2 years now.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Will Cantus be bumping up everyone's traumatic events?

That kinda sucks. frown

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
I read about what happened to you, i'm only new to HOP and so i dont know alot about firebreathing but to keep going with something that almost killed you takes alot of strength. I do..well did martial arts and i learrned that its mroe strength of mind that can get you places rather than physical strength. I lost my strength of mind a little while ago, but its encouraging to look at what you've been through and how strong you are, i admire you and how you've gotten though this.
Liv

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Written by: Spanner

Worth a bump in my book smile

Damn straight.

Pele, I've never met you, (which probably goes for the majority of us HoPpers) but I've learned so much from you and your posts.

Thank you.

hug

Any time you're in the UK, you're always welcome round mine for a beer. biggrin

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I was just thinking it was more of Pele's perogative to bump if she wanted to. And Pele, if you're ever in my apartment again, you're welcome in my bed again. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]