Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > Help unwrapping spiral wraps

Login/Join to Participate

TomuHarastranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi! I started practicing spiral wraps for around 3 days now. I can get the spin perfect, but I just can't spin it back. Any tips on how to unwrapping spiral wraps?

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
as soon as the heads start to hit your hands turn your thumbs 180 to the other side and the heads should follow the turn

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Start unwrapping just before you think you need to, and do not let the poi wrap your hands shut.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Bam BamYour Average Every Day Sane Psycho
31 posts

Posted:
On a related note, I know how to do spirals very well, but i can't get them with my fire poi chains, they just sorta slip off my hand (I do spirals oddly, just wrap them both around one hand, it just works for me better than clapping or stacking) so when I twitch my hand to flip the spiral out, at least one of the heads will just fall. Is there any particular technique for spirals with chains or should I just keep practicing?

What, me worry?

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Make sure that they are in plane and that your hand is not dropping when you attempt to untwist.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

DannyRoseGOLD Member
Love is life
16 posts

Posted:
also, keep your fingers spread apart.

"All I knew was Love" - Papadosio