• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Advanced Poi Moves > Help unwrapping spiral wraps

Login/Join to Participate

TomuHara

stranger

Total posts: 1
Posted:Hi! I started practicing spiral wraps for around 3 days now. I can get the spin perfect, but I just can't spin it back. Any tips on how to unwrapping spiral wraps?

Delete Topic

Midkiff
BRONZE Member since Nov 2009

shadow stranger

Total posts: 462
Posted:as soon as the heads start to hit your hands turn your thumbs 180 to the other side and the heads should follow the turn

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Delete

aston
SILVER Member since Dec 2007

aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League

Total posts: 4061
Posted:Start unwrapping just before you think you need to, and do not let the poi wrap your hands shut.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

Bam Bam

Your Average Every Day Sane Psycho

Total posts: 31
Posted:On a related note, I know how to do spirals very well, but i can't get them with my fire poi chains, they just sorta slip off my hand (I do spirals oddly, just wrap them both around one hand, it just works for me better than clapping or stacking) so when I twitch my hand to flip the spiral out, at least one of the heads will just fall. Is there any particular technique for spirals with chains or should I just keep practicing?

What, me worry?

Delete

aston
SILVER Member since Dec 2007

aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League

Total posts: 4061
Posted:Make sure that they are in plane and that your hand is not dropping when you attempt to untwist.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

DannyRose
GOLD Member since Mar 2011

DannyRose

Love is life

Total posts: 16
Posted:also, keep your fingers spread apart.

"All I knew was Love" - Papadosio

Delete