Forums > Help! > Does anyone know about this fuel?

Login/Join to Participate

DalmatianBRONZE Member
Read it and weep!
2 posts

Posted:
Has anyone ever heard of a fuel called Solvent 3440 Special or Hydrocarbon Liquid N.O.S? And how carcinogenic is it, in terms of fire breathing?

I must not fear, fear is the mind killer - Frank Herbert

Chris_Lu1DIAMOND Member
Flow Artist
67 posts

Posted:
Pegasol 3440 Special and Solvent 3440 Special are the same and are used by some breathers I know.

Hydrocarbon, Liquid, N.O.S., is a generic name for hydrocarbons, but the one manufactured by Chemtrec is specific and very dangerous to use; so, don't.

As to how carcinogenic, that would be up-to debate since there is not that much research into either, at least in terms of cancer correlation in humans that I know of. An organic chemistry and biological explanation would be wasting both our time.

Instead, here are links to the MSDS for each.

https://www.mchem.co.nz/msds/Solvent%203440%20Special.pdf

https://www.inergypropane.com/midstream_wc/pdfs/Hydrocarbon.pdf

And as always, fire breathing is very dangerous. I'd stick to liquid paraffin. Is there a reason you want to use these?

DalmatianBRONZE Member
Read it and weep!
2 posts

Posted:
I have a friend who also does fire breathing and dancing and he has given me some of this fuel because it doesn't smell or taste bad. The only thing is, I don't know anything about it. I feel like I should know how dangerous it is before I use it.

I must not fear, fear is the mind killer - Frank Herbert

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: DalmatianI have a friend who also does fire breathing and dancing and he has given me some of this fuel because it doesn't smell or taste bad. The only thing is, I don't know anything about it. I feel like I should know how dangerous it is before I use it.

Yeah man! That's definitely the right attitude to have. A quick google got some relevant info. Give those a whirl.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."