Forums > Videos > Iconic Fire performs 'Eyes On Fire' (Breathing, Partner Poi, & Fans)

Login/Join to Participate

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted here and even longer since I posted a new video here... Alas, I am back to do just that!

I have for you a contribution that I feel is worthy of my return - a performance by my girlfriend Jexi and I from July 2. This was a piece from the variety show we put on for the PEX Summer Festival in Darlington, MD USA. There were 4 other acts in the show including a 3 person hoop routine, a two girl burlesque act, a contact meteor set by Jerome Dmenza, and an 8 girl fire bellydance act.

Jexi didn't know any poi prior to creating this routine - I basically taught her everything from the ground-up over the course of about 5 months to create the partner poi section. This was the main focus of our piece and took up most of our time, thus, the other sections are a bit lacking in comparison... However, we would love some constructive criticism as this was our debut performance and we are continuing to work on it to make it better.

Without further ado, Eyes On Fire...

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Anthony_OlmosSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Sweet vid. Don't leave a flame source a few feet from the fuel containers wink

vetvickaSILVER Member
stranger
4 posts
Location: Czech republic, Prague | Hradec Kralove, Czech. Re...

Posted:
Jexis planes were sort of everywhere sometimes. (doesn't seem like intention) But only 5 months of spinning?? Thats incredible!

btw.She has nice skirt smile

Senior internet discussion expert user (looking for a job)

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Anthony, the fuel can that was placed next to the flame was empty and just used as a prop in the beginning of the fire breathing set.

Vetvicka, yes, her planes can use some work for sure... but alas, there's only so much one can accomplish in a short time and we were more focused on getting the routine finished.

Thanks for the crit guys!

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Nice work Mike. :-)

neospy369GOLD Member
It's my burn life and i'll burn if I want to!!
76 posts

Posted:
Nice work, I know its definitely a show of skills to do routine after routine. I like the backdrop. And the skills shown here are all very entertaining. I really like the mix of fans and breathing...

As far as critique, the open paint can with fuel, I hope you had a safety that was in front as well. I know that a lot of places aren't going to be happy with this idea, but it looks like when you can get away with it, its a cool idea.

The only other thing that I could say is that your "costume" Mike could be put together better, jeans, sandals, baseball hat, isn't the kind of pop that stands out... although I didn't see the whole show, so maybe it ties in better then just this clip.

Jexi looks awesome, but in my opinion it is much easier for women to look attractive on stage wink

All in all I loved it, I hope you can respect my critique as I respect you both as very talented artists & performers.

~Ase

I spin therefore, I inspire. You spin therefore, you inspire.

Lizardking!BRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
5months and she slays... thats rad cant wait to see your future videos smile