Forums > Technical Discussion > ifference between pro series oval link chain and regular oval link chain?

Login/Join to Participate

JokerfwbSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
I'm looking to buy my first fire set of poi and would like to know what the difference is between the pro series oval link and regular

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
If you are talking about the chain with attached handles, on one set (Pro) the swivel is connected directly to the handles via a welded ring, on the reguarl, there is a quicklink I beleive.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Thats pretty well it. I think that MAYBE the pro series is thinner also, but thats easily checked on the specs on this site.

hug

JokerfwbSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks not sure about the thickness but after studying the blown up pictures i noticed that the handles are welded directly to the chain. Thanks

RivesGOLD Member
Nothing but circles and smiles...
118 posts

Posted:
CORRECT, the pro series chains all come as one piece, with handle, that you can then attach a quick link and poi head to, most of the other chains have quick links at both ends. The pro series also have welded on swivels at both ends.