• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Help! > Need to add something new to the act.

Login/Join to Participate

Gottdaszwiete

stranger

Total posts: 4
Posted:Well put simply I want to add something new and exciting to my fire act. whether it be a new toy or something crazy I can do with already existing toys. Already done includes staff, poi, ropes, swords, fingers, breathing, eating, fire ball, juggling, diablo, devil sticks, setting bare arms on fire, and fire breathing over burning hand.

The first idea I have is to somehow combine fire with trapeze, how I'm gonna do that I am not yet certain of. All ideas are welcome especially the crazy ones.

Delete Topic

Mynci
BRONZE Member since Apr 2005

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Total posts: 8737
Posted:Simple (but used before by many) Fire skipping rope. Always goes down well and looks groovy in photos.

Pretend blindfold looks opaque but you can see though it to increase sense of danger.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

Gottdaszwiete

stranger

Posted:That does sound fun. The rope just a long Kevlar rope?

Delete

JuggleSean
GOLD Member since Oct 2009

Ooops

Total posts: 116
Posted:How about adding fire to your costume like this?
http://www.gora.hu/juggling/fire-hat.html
br>
That site also has fire jump ropes and other unique props for sale.

I haven't ordered anything from them but the website is certainly cool and they have some neat items not found at HoP.

Groovy

Delete

Gottdaszwiete

stranger

Posted:Thanx Ohio. Really enjoying the site so far.

Delete

Mynci
BRONZE Member since Apr 2005

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Total posts: 8737
Posted:Yes a long kevlar rope normally with a length of chain and nylon handles attached to prevent the fire reaching the skippers hands.

do it with a long rope balancing something on the head - Uber hard... I tried with a non-fire rope wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete