Forums > Social Chat > The what you wanted to be when you were younger thread! *DELETED*

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Dirty Marmite Spider

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I wanted to be either a writer or a famous artist.
I have now nearly completed a degree in illustration, and im planning in going into writing and illustrating children's books, so i guess im not that far off from what i wanted to be when i was little.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

birdgirlBRONZE Member
48 posts

Posted:
bizzare as it may sound i wanted to be a graveyard
currator!!!I've always liked graveyards,they're really peacefull,spiritual places.Needless to say my parents thought i was off my head!!!

spig--------Its not big and its not clever.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i wanted to be a pilot since i was like four.
then when i was 16 i got glasses and that was the end of that.

may well go for it one day in later life (helicopters only i think ) but not until i'm finished partying...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I wanted to be an astronaut.

After that I wanted to be a tennis star.

Then I wanted to be a fighter pilot.

Then I wanted to be a professional surfer.

I moved on to wanting to be a world famous artist.

Now I want to be an astronaut again.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
I just wanted to be older.

Magnus... pay it forward

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
When I was really young I wanted to be an accountant for some reason, I dunno why, I prolly didn't even realise what it was all about but I liked the sound of it. I wonder what that says about me

Ever since I was about 14 I wanted to be a bike racer, but I think you have to start racing when your in the womb or something. Either that or become a Multi-Millionaire, and then buy your own race team, none of which I have done so far.

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
I decided when I was about 3 that I wanted to be a 'scientist'. In september I start my final year of a degree in medical microbiology.

(One hitch... I've decided that it's boring and I hate it and I want to be a jeweller instead....oops.)

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
When I was really Iccle, i wanted to be a Prisoner, apparently! ( well atleast i wasnt aiming too high)

Then i wanted to be a Marine Biologist, which i did my degree in! But now am a bum that just wants to be a biologist of any sort!

Is that magnets!?

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
I wanted to be a mummy...hehe...awwwwww how cute

And an Artist

so now I dress-up in silly outfits for a living...hehe

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
I wanted to be a tiger
Non-Https Image Link

.. or a monkey
Non-Https Image Link

now I'm quite happy being me

Non-Https Image Link

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
When I was little I wanted to be a Princess, who would be rescued from my balcony by a handsome Prince.

I now live in the Princess Palace - a little like Beckinham Palace but not *quite* so grand . I have a balcony as well - so we're nearly there......

But.....I'm still waiting for that handsome prince to rescue me

In my 9-5 world I'm in Marketing which means I get to "think outside the box" *alot*

Edit - note to Jessica....
Which club do you work at, I grew up in Oxford....tell me it's not Fifth Avenue or DTM's !!!

[ 25. July 2003, 03:11: Message edited by: Hels Bells ]

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I wanted to be a computer prgrammer, which I am. Problem is the idea was planted my parents and now I'm sitting here laughing at myself.

Was I really encouraged to dream that much? Next year I go find out what I reeeeaaally wanna do.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i wanted to be a geek..... and i am!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I wanted to be a mummy

mummification? I think i saw a jerry springer episode on that once, there are others like you

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
i wanted to be a nurse, i remember drawring a picture with the nurse in the middle of the page and the rest of the page was manicly coloured in with red, not sure if i was imagining red walls or blood splattering everywhere, in which case the walls would be red anyway:lol:

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Mainly I just wanted to be taller, but this has yet to happen.

I wanted (and still do want) to be a drummer - I've got the drive but sadly coupled with realism and an music degree I know it just comes down to luck

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
hhhmmmmmm..... after reading back my post I had a feeling someone would think I was talking about the mummification kind of mummy...oooops ...of corse I meant mummy as in mum like mother, silly

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Tai... grrrrrmember
34 posts
Location: a dry dusty type of hell i don't quite understand ...

Posted:
I wanted to be a neurosurgeon or an assassin... or both. But then when i was 8 i realized the moral delima of being either... I don't like blood.

Strive to Love everything for exactly what it is. Even though you can never understand all the extents of anything.

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
just read yours atro fairy, i want to be a childrens book illustrator too ! or infact any kind of illustration that somone will pay me good money for !

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
oh yeah I wanted to be a pirate too. I'm still working on that one.

Could be I wanted adventures on the seven seas and lots of buried treasure but actually I think the parrott-on-the-shoulder thing was probably the main appeal

Non-Https Image Link

sunny

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
are you sure you weren't just after all those sex starved mariners?

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:

oh I didn't even think of that...

Non-Https Image Link

sunny

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hell after seeing Pirates of the Caribean, I want to be one too! lol

Let's see now.

I wanted to be a zoologist. My mom told me I was too stupid in certain areas so I didn't.

I wanted to be a marine biologist. I was told I was too stupid in certain areas so I didn't.

I wanted to own a bed and breakfast but I was told I didn't have the sense to handle it. So I didn't.

I wanted to be a gymnast and/or figure skater. I landed wrong and hurt my knee.

All through all these other desires I always wanted to be a writer and a performer, possibly direct, never famous, just wanted to do it, I just didn't have the courage to say it. When I finally did confess I was told by family it is a useless persuit and that I didn't have the talent to pull it off. I think I got really sick of hearing that and am finally succeeding in what I want, and I am acheiving my dreams.

Thing is, now I find out I really am smart enough to have done whatever I wanted, it was the belief that I could that I was lacking. *sigh*

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

141 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by Dirty Marmite Spider

Frazzlemember
105 posts

Posted:
I wanted to be a lady morris dancer.At first I was in the closet about this, then recently I 'fessed up to my boyfriend and best friend and lo & behold they both had the same childhood ambition to wave hankeys,tie bells on their ankles and shout "Hey Nonny Nonny"! This was a huge relief and now we're thinking of setting up a support group for closet wannabe morris dancers.

Happiness is a journey,not a destination

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I always wanted to do something with computers. I didn't really know what until I had finished my degree in programming. It was at that time that I realized that I hated programming. I prefer to build and repair computers. I ended up not hating all programming and do a little web page creation.

My 9-5 though I manage a database.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

141 posts

Posted:
To be honest it doesn't surprise me that you lot wanted to be morris dancers. When you were kids you wanted to dance around out doors waving hankeys and bells and now your an adult you want to dance around out doors waving around sticks and chains on fire - it makes sense!!!

Frazzlemember
105 posts

Posted:
lol Think I'll give the pig's bladder on a stick a miss tho' eh?!

Happiness is a journey,not a destination

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
moris dancers.... i allways found them fairly scary when i was really little, i mean they run around with there really odd clothes and bells, making lots of noise and hitting each others stiks..... very very odd, i can see why i was scared.
i suppose im still young, i wanna be an artist or one of those really intense maths gurus, but i dont realistically know what i wanna be...

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
hehe, I got the worst one.

I wanted to be a lampost...

yeah. It came from a stupid joke I wanted to make when I was a kid about "being so bright" but I forgot the punch line and my family has laughed at me for it ever since. awww.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Page: