Forums > Help! > Need to add something new to the act.

Login/Join to Participate

Gottdaszwietestranger
4 posts

Posted:
Well put simply I want to add something new and exciting to my fire act. whether it be a new toy or something crazy I can do with already existing toys. Already done includes staff, poi, ropes, swords, fingers, breathing, eating, fire ball, juggling, diablo, devil sticks, setting bare arms on fire, and fire breathing over burning hand.

The first idea I have is to somehow combine fire with trapeze, how I'm gonna do that I am not yet certain of. All ideas are welcome especially the crazy ones.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Simple (but used before by many) Fire skipping rope. Always goes down well and looks groovy in photos.

Pretend blindfold looks opaque but you can see though it to increase sense of danger.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Gottdaszwietestranger
4 posts

Posted:
That does sound fun. The rope just a long Kevlar rope?

JuggleSeanGOLD Member
Ooops
116 posts

Posted:
How about adding fire to your costume like this?
https://www.gora.hu/juggling/fire-hat.html

That site also has fire jump ropes and other unique props for sale.

I haven't ordered anything from them but the website is certainly cool and they have some neat items not found at HoP.

Groovy

Gottdaszwietestranger
4 posts

Posted:
Thanx Ohio. Really enjoying the site so far.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Yes a long kevlar rope normally with a length of chain and nylon handles attached to prevent the fire reaching the skippers hands.

do it with a long rope balancing something on the head - Uber hard... I tried with a non-fire rope wink

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.