• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Total posts: 2
Posted:Hey, Im thinking about start leaning spiral wraps, a question;
Can you make them with fire poi:s? I understand that its always risky to handle fire poi:s but if you make spiral wraps right is their a chans I burn you hands?

I mostley think of the chain, how hot will thay be?

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
Total posts: 4061
Posted:You can yes. I suggest you practice unlit first. Also possible are some cotton/leather gloves.

If you do it towards the beginning of a burn the flames will likely be hotter, but the chains cooler.

Just be careful.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Sister Eleven
Sister Eleven

owner of the group property
Total posts: 1277
Posted:I get mild burns if I do them without anything covering my wrists, but a pair of cotton gauntlets is enough to prevent that. Though I use big monkey fists, so the bulk of the head helps keep metal off my skin. I know plenty of people who also use leather or Kevlar gauntlets. The important thing is that you don't get them stuck around your wrists, unless you have the Kevlar.

Almost again
Total posts: 124
Posted:I have those "kevlar condoms", the little kevlar tubes around the ahrdware part of the chain, and I haven't gotten any burns so far. Just lost some armhair, which I guess is inevitable.

Magic Monkey Juice
Total posts: 252
Posted:I never find them as hot as I thought. The chains don't really get a chance to get that hot if they are constantly moving. Tangling around your wrists can be a bit dodge; so as aston said. Practice unlit first.

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

Total posts: 2
Posted:Thx, grate answers

Spinners United Leader
Total posts: 29
Posted:i love spiral wraps they r one of the best moves in my mind, i honestly just did them for the first time last night with 3.5 monkey fists on fire. now the flames do not hurt in my opinion just hot i mean i catch my poi and blow them out without gloves the chains can become very hot but its just like burning yourself with a lighter or something else that is hot yea it stings but u get used to and over it. one thing to be cautious of is stalling the wrap my freind actually ripped skin of cuz he stalled it on his wrists and when he unwrapped it the skin came with the chains. all in all its fun to do on fire and it looks amazing! best of luck

Total posts: 1