doubleohsevenBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
so i have been spinning poi for several months and have started to learn flower but i have trouble keeping my planes straight what should i do white

oscurochuSILVER Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Practice with one at a time, of course. Your planes will only get better with time. The more you practice, the better you will get. Just keep working at it, and eventually, you'll get it. It can be pretty frustrating, but that's why I personally try to learn multiple moves at once. When I get too frustrated with flowers, for example, I'll begin practicing weaves. Once I get sick of that, I go back to flowers. I'm far more advanced than that by now, but it's just a simple example.

I hope my advice is helpful, it sounds like common sense, to me, more than anything. lol

Well, good luck, keep practicing, and most importantly, have fun!

TeamoGOLD Member
Almost again
124 posts

Posted:
A few great way to work on your planes are

- Play with a mirror or with your shadow. Position your plane perpendicular to the mirror/shadow so that when you spin you see the poi in the reflection moving up and down in a straight line. Then slowly start moving your arm into all the different positions it can go, and keep your focus on keeping the plane straight. If it starts to go wobbly in some particular areas, take a step back and go slower.

-Play against a wall. Stand against a wall with relatively little space between it and you. Spin between you and the wall, and try to slowly take your arm through a big circle without the poi hitting the wall. Once you get better, get even closer to the wall.

-Orbing will improve your plane control aswell. Look up meenik's video on orbing or saloon doors on youtube.

When doing all these practices, always start with one poi (preferably your weaker hand) and go to 2 hands only when you feel comfortable with 1.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
One (only) thing I would change in Teamo's advice:
Learn the basic move with your dominant hand, then switch to the non-dominant one once you sort of have it.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

AtamisSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I learned by spinning near a wall, one hand at a time working with your dominant hand to build confidence and then working with the non-dominant hand. This is also how I teach and it seems to work well.

I would also like to add that when you practice when you start feeling frustrated sit your poi down and walk away for a little bit. Because (generally) when you practice and get frustrated you will keep making errors, then you form bad habits, then you have to break the habits.

Best of luck and keep practicing!
EDITED_BY: Atamis (1317095364)

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
This is where "fallback props" are nice. You can work on something like juggling while your poimind cools off.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Doing searches can be quite helpful, I believe this question has been answered in the past, perhaps some old school spinners will have some new (old) advice! ^_^

hug

synndarellaDIAMOND Member
61 posts

Posted:
I drew Lines on the floor after watching this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qcyddMTOFn0
It seems really basic, but going through the motions really helped me smile

Sometimes youre ahead, sometimes youre behind. The race is long and in the end, its only with yourself~

kurostranger
1 post

Posted:
I like all comment !!

Occupation of the mortgage. คาส...609;์ is a profession that has caused. คาสิโนออนไลน์ it.

EDITED_BY: kuro (1329410978)