Forums > Videos > Stick Dance (Staff)

Login/Join to Participate

kc-godGOLD Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
In january this year I started teaching myself staff, or stick dancing as I call it. I had a great place to practice in my old house (we moved 4 months ago). We're I had enough room to dance inside, which did make it easier cause I can be a little shy somtimes.
I also started filming my sessions to see from a 3rd point what I should work on, and what ''accidental'' moves I sometimes made, that I should focus on learning. But the video editing became I side hobby too tongue2

Now I'm gonna have a few small performances on a two spiritual festival some with guided music. Here is my latest vid, made a month ago on my vacation in slovenia.

I also have a movie we're I use a stroboscoop or whatever you call in english, and my further movies I made inside

I would love to hear some opinions & tips from pro's !

EDITED_BY: kc-god (1313529708)

[ Unregistered ]addict
413 posts

Posted:
First video effects are totally unnecessary, second I'd slow to 1/2 beat with the music.

ninja

kc-godGOLD Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Personally the video editing is more like an art project for me, as is the music I use with it. But I will use less effects in the future, especially if going to post vids here, because I understand this place in about moves & dance itself not the art of the vid tongue2 I dance on a variety of music including Trance, Drum & Bass, Hip Hop, House, Electro. With different speed rythems in it. I have to say that each musical genre teaches me different ways to move, and different tricks even. But if I ever wanna do this with fire, I can't do it full-on like this offcourse tongue2

kc-godGOLD Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Do you have any more music advice for me? Like artist or genres that I can use to practice? I really am searching for something that inspires me, but is still slower in rythem..

gumopnewbie
36 posts

Posted:
Take dance lessons before talking dance please... Your are just doing boum-boum with a stick -_- Sorry i'm not so hard usually but this... is too much. That's my advice.

kc-godGOLD Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
Offcourse this is not proffesional dance, but I am moving to music. And this is starting to look like a dance more and more, for me this is about expression of what I feel when I hear te music, and translating that into movement. I'm not expecting to become a pro in 7 months. Offcourse that will take years...

Here btw my newest move, made on the festival I was, still a bit sloppy, to few tricks, and a few mistakes. But it was really nice I had I guider drum-dude. And a pro filmer.

EDITED_BY: kc-god (1314739603)