fox_fireSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Anyone else seen the "action pants" over at Flowtoys? Personally, I like them. What are your opinions about them?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
It just all sounds really raunchy? wink

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Hmm Smells pretty spamy.

I have seen them though and i had a pair similar, Personaly i don't think they are safe for performing or training in. To much baggyness for things to get caught in or trip on.

Actually i once had a costume kinda similar for a troupe i was in. About ten min before a show i was running full speed back from my car and caught my foot in the other leg of the pants and fell really badly on the rough tarmack. I took heaps of skin of my elbows knees and hip and also badly brusied the bone in my elbow.

They look cool but in my opinion not exatly designed for action.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

Austin_BoydBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I'd personally love some, but come on! $110 bucks?! its not worth it.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I love them, They're comfy, take a little getting used to to spin in. You learn to spin around it pretty well. I use them for performing and people love them, the crowd loves them, other spinners love them that I know. And if freshly lit poi hits them and they flame up you don't have to worry cause the performers are a thick cotton that in my experience, just refuses to burn. As well as it stays spaces away from your leg so the heat won't burn you. Oh and they look awesome... At least on me, I look like some type of ninja xD They're pretty expensive though. If you know someone that can make you similar or if you can I recommend it for performances. I also reccomend buying them if you want them for performances or for festivals. All the loops for carrying things are very convenient as well as the zipper pocket for my wallet. A secure pocket for my wallet is important for me when I'm active.

The only drawback, once again, is the price. But someone was nice enough to gift them to me, I was oogling them for a while and they knew me well enough I guess laugh3

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
as someone who bought a pair as a 'well done for surviving horrid exam period' gift... I'd say they're awesome..

and for performance, SoD's videos do do a great job of showing off how well they make a performer look centered and awesome

Just a dancer in the dark

Gary_CifersSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
Actually seeing those pants had inspired me to make my own lmao i love spinning in them tho when i don't have shoes on i tend to catch my toes in the cuffs
My Pants
they are blue and the denim i used is knitted so they have a bit of stretchyness and softness to them

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Can we get an action shot of you IN the pants Gary? ^_^

Gary_CifersSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
For sure! ya'll will just have to give me a day for me to do a "suedo Photo shoot" lamo

Sister ElevenGOLD Member
owner of the group property
1,277 posts

Posted:
I'm a big fan of the wrap pants that the Action Pants are based on (if I correctly understand their origin story). The upshot of the wrap pants is they're hella easy to make and well ventilated. The downside is that they're actually just open at the sides, so your legs will often be exposed when you move around. But I like them, and they're good enough for Yuta... tongue2

p|.q|r:|::s|.s|s:|:.s|q.|:p|s.|.p|s

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
So, I mean, I've been looking for places other than Flowtoys to buy pants similar to those. Anyone have any ideas?

TeamoGOLD Member
Almost again
124 posts

Posted:
I ordered some pants from https://www.thaicraftwarehouse.com
. Not exactly like the action pants, but similar. And high hand crafted quality for low price.
The pants that SisterEleven mentioned are there under the name of "Drive in wrap" pants. The fisherman's wrap is also a nice easy model, which I actually prefer. I got myself some low harem pants aswell, which I actually wore for the video I posted on the video section.

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
Thanks Teamo.

Bam BamYour Average Every Day Sane Psycho
31 posts

Posted:
I just got the performers, the black ones with the circle patterns, they're fuckin awesome!!! Very free, fun to move around in, look totally awesome, andmake you feel totall badass.
Mine didn't come with any of the extra loops or rings so they're VERY impractical as normal pants..... walking around in them can be annoying and difficult..... and u gotta worry about stepping on em.....
But if u limit their use more to performances anfestivals I guess, you should be fine and they're totally awesome XD they're not too difficult to spin in either, just some getting used to and add some.cool flair and feeling to ur performance.
yes, they are very expensive..... I bought them as a reward for getting a job XD

What, me worry?

JamethGOLD Member
enthusiast
378 posts

Posted:
I got some of the flow pants without loops / rings a couple of years back - I thought the rings were a good idea when I saw them so I just unpicked the waist straps a bit and added some rings on short lengths of tape.

Works well. smile