Saint_JudeSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I looked at my fuel pot and saw liquid in it. It was left outside under a deck, and my genius rear assumed it was fuel, which was ridiculous because I never leave fuel in my fuel pot. I put my poi in, added some fuel, and soaked them in preparation for a spin. I tried to light them, to no avail, at which point I realized it must have been rainwater in the pot. My friends helped me by drying the poi with a hair dryer, then lighting them with the hopes of getting rid of the water, and they did light for a minute. Then I soaked them in a new pot with pure fuel, but they still only burned very weakly for a few minutes. What can I do to restore my poi to their previous non-water soaked condition? I'm thinking leave them in the sun for a few days and rotate them. Ideas/advice?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
either dry them through (days in the sun) or leave them soaking in fuel for quite a while (not on bottom of pot) the water should end up in the bottom of the pot then burn and repeat the water should come out eventually I don't think it will be fatal.

could try the oven but be careful taking them out. although I don't recommend that as never tried it.

Never had a too seriously soaked wick - mostly only damp I am afraid.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.